Our herb artisan bread is an easy no knead bread with delicious flavors of Parmesan, garlic and rosemary. What's better than the aroma of fresh baked bread wafting through your house? The singular answer is eating that homemade bread warm from the oven! This is the stuff dreams are made of.
5 minute artisan bread!
The only thing as remarkable as how good this bread is, is how easy it is to make. We are not kidding. It takes about five minutes to prep this delicious loaf. This crusty round of no-knead bread has a soft, chewy interior flavored with tasty herbs and cheese.
How to make bread with only 4 ingredients!
Four simple ingredients are all you need for the bread recipe. We've added Parmesan cheese, garlic and rosemary. You could easily add a variety of different herbs to explore yummy flavor combinations. What are you waiting for? Flour, salt, yeast and water are tossed together in a mixing bowl. Add your desired herbs and/or cheese along with the flour. You simply mix the ingredients gently to form a rough dough ball.
The waiting game...
The next step requires no work on your part. You put the dough in a clean un-greased mixing bowl, cover it with plastic wrap and let it rise at room temperature about 18-24 hours. Your waiting until the dough has doubled in size and the surface is covered with tiny bubbles. But you don't have to do a thing!
Heat the pot
This recipe works easiest with a Dutch oven. You place the dutch oven (and its lid) in the oven at 450 degrees and allow it to heat for 30 minutes. This step is key to successful bread.
How do you form the dough for dutch oven bread?
Next remove dough from the bowl and place on a well-floured surface. You want to create a smooth dough ball by pulling corners of the dough underneath until the surface is smooth. Then place dough on a square of parchment paper big enough to cover the bottom of the Dutch oven.
Mark the dough!
Dust dough with flour, cover it with plastic wrap and let it rest 10-15 minutes. Next, score the top of the loaf with an X. Then, lightly dampen your hands and carefully pat the top of the dough ball. (This will help your bread brown.)
Into the oven!
Carefully remove Dutch oven from the oven. Remove lid, then lift corners of parchment paper and lower dough into the hot pan. Replace lid and return to the oven. Bake 30 minutes. Remove lid and bake additional 10 minutes or until the top is browned.
How long should you let artisan bread cool?
Take the pan from the oven, then carefully remove the bread from the hot Dutch oven. Place the bread on a cooling rack and allow it to cool for at least 30 minutes before slicing.
If you slice the bread sooner than this, the bread will smash together. Make sure you use a serrated bread knife to cut through the loaf.
What to Serve with this Bread
We love this bread with soup for dinner, or as a side for almost any meal! You can't go wrong. You're gonna love it. Everyone you share it with is gonna love it!
Try out these other delicious recipes!
Don't forget to pin this recipe for later! You can also follow us on Pinterest here!
Tried this recipe and loved it? Comment and Rate it! Also send us a picture, WE WANT TO SEE!
Herb Artisan Bread
- 3¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons coarse Kosher sea salt
- ½ teaspoon dry yeast
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 T. fresh rosemary chopped
- 1 ½ cups warm water
- Place flour, salt, yeast, Parmesan cheese, garlic and rosemary in a mixing bowl. Gradually add the water, stir until mixed well. Mix dough gently until it forms a rough ball.
- Transfer dough to a large clean, ungreased, mixing bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and let dough rise at room temperature until surface of dough is covered with tiny bubbles and the dough has more than doubled in size. For best results, let dough rise 18 – 24 hours.
- Before baking, place an empty Dutch oven, with its lid, into the oven and turn it on to 450 degrees. Allow it to heat in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove dough from bowl and place on a well-floured surface. Create a smooth ball by pulling corners of dough underneath until the surface is smooth. Place dough on a square of parchment paper big enough to cover bottom of the Dutch oven. Dust dough with flour, cover it with plastic wrap and let it rest 10-15 minutes.
- Using a sharp knife, Score the top of the loaf with an X. (Cut about ¼ inch deep and 2 ½ inches long for each side of X.) Lightly dampen your hands and carefully pat the top of the dough ball. (This will help your bread brown.)
- Carefully remove Dutch oven from the oven. Remove lid, then lift corners of parchment paper and lower dough into hot pan. Replace lid and return to the oven. Bake 30 minutes.
- Remove lid and bake additional 10 minutes or until the top is browned.
- Remove from oven and place bread on a cooling rack. Allow it to cool for at least 30 minutes before slicing.
Share it on Instagram and tag us and tag #infinetasterecipes so we can see it!