These candy corn butterfingers are a delicious and simple copycat recipe for your favorite candy bar! This recipe is super easy and only requires THREE INGREDIENTS!! I’m one of those people who likes candy corn, but doesn’t love candy corn. I really enjoy it during the fall, but not year-round. Every since I discovered this recipe I buy all the candy corn at a discounted price the day after Halloween and make these regularly!
I’m always looking for ways to use up all that leftover Halloween candy and this is one of my favorite recipes! My other favorite way to use leftover Halloween candy are our Candy Loaded Oatmeal Cookie Bars!
What Kind of Milk Chocolate Should you Use for your Candy Corn Butterfingers?
Almond Bark & Candy Melts
The easiest type of milk chocolate to use for your candy corn butterfingers are candy melts or almond bark. The reason why is that candy melts and almond bark are already tempered so it’s easier to melt and keep the shiny coating!
Using Chocolate Chips
Of course, you can use chocolate chips, chocolate chips too. But here is the thing about chocolate chips, chocolate chips are not designed to melt as easily. They are designed to hold their shape when added to baked goods. So be careful when melting them, use short increments in the microwave, stirring in between, and add a teaspoon of butter or coconut oil to your chocolate chips.
Setting Up Your Dipping Station
Above is how I set up my dipping station. I like to place a cooling rack on top of a baking sheet so any excess chocolate can drip off. Be sure to line your baking sheet for easy clean up!
You can also just place your dipped candy corn butterfinger bars on a piece of foil or parchment paper. Don’t worry if the chocolate pools around the butterfingers, you can always trim off the excess chocolate with a sharp knife after the chocolate has set up.
Try them Frozen!
I love the texture of these best when they are straight from the freezer! Give them a try!
Check Out these Other Recipes We Know You'll Love!
- Candy Loaded Oatmeal Cookie Bars
- Ginger Gringles (the best gingersnap cookies!)
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars
- Soft, No Spread Sugar Cookies (Perfect for cookie cutters!)
Don't forget to pin this recipe for later! You can also follow us on Pinterest here!
Tried this recipe and loved it? Comment and Rate it! Also send us a picture, WE WANT TO SEE!
Candy Corn Butterfingers (a copycat recipe!)
- 18 ounce bag candy corn about 3 cups
- 1 ½ cups creamy peanut butter don’t use natural peanut butter
- 12 ounces milk chocolate preferable chocolate almond bark or candy melts, nee notes if using chocolate chips
- Line a 9x9 or a 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper or foil and spray with cooking spray. You can use a different size pan, it will just change the thickness of your butterfingers.
- Place your candy corn in a microwave safe bowl, and microwave in 20 second increments, stirring in between. Keep doing this until the candy corn is completely melted and smooth. Mine usually takes a total of 2 minutes.
- Add your peanut butter into the melted candy corn and microwave for 20-30 seconds. Stir the peanut butter and candy corn together until completely smooth. Take your mixture and press it into your lined pan. Press it into an even smooth even layer across your pan.
- Chill your butterfingers until they are no longer hot. Cut them into 1x2 inch rectangles.They are easiest to cut if they are not frozen. Once cut, chill in the freezer for 1 hour.
- Melt your milk chocolate in 20 second increments in the microwave until smooth. Take your butterfingers and coat them in milk chocolate and place on a sheet of parchment paper or on a cooling rack. Chill until solid. I like mine best straight out of the freezer!
Share it on Instagram and tag us and tag #infinetasterecipes so we can see it!