Time for an EASY holiday treat! Christmas is coming and you can whip up this delicious Soda Cracker Toffee in just a few minutes! Four extra simple ingredients, and about 20 minutes and it's all yours.
Easy gift idea!
Also known as Christmas cracker toffee, Christmas crack, and saltine cracker toffee, our soda cracker toffee is a great Christmas candy gift for neighbors and friends. You’ll want to keep some around the house too, cause it’s just that good! This easy toffee is an all ‘round favorite. At first bite you'll think you've just munched some scrumptious traditional English toffee. But then, wait. Is it a cookie? There's great crunch, and the soda crackers add a fun dimension to this holiday treat. The crackers are also an economical addition.
4 Simple Ingredients for toffee
To start you simply lay out a sleeve of soda or saltine crackers on a foil lined baking sheet sprayed with some PAM. We prefer the salted crackers. Next, boil your butter and brown sugar together to may a caramel like syrup. Pour the syrup over your crackers. Easy right?
How to melt chocolate in the oven
Pop that pan of crackers in your oven and let them sizzle a few minutes. Then remove from the oven and quickly sprinkle chocolate chips over the crackers and spread to cover. You can set the pan back in the oven a couple of minutes if your chocolate needs some help melting.
Which nuts are your favorite?
While the chocolate is soft, sprinkle chopped nuts over the top (optional). We like almonds or pecans best and we think the nuts give a finished look to this simple candy. Doesn't this look like the best Christmas candy? But honestly, we love it any time of the year!
There's still time to add some of this deliciousness to your holidays. You're gonna L-O-V-E it!
Don't forget to pin this recipe for later! You can also follow us on Pinterest here!
Tried this recipe and loved it? Comment and Rate it! Also send us a picture, WE WANT TO SEE!
Soda Cracker Toffee
- 40 salted soda crackers such as saltine about 1 sleeve
- 1 cup butter 2 cubes
- 1 cup light brown sugar packed
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips 12 ounce bag
- 1 cup chopped roasted nuts (pecans or almonds); optional
- Line half sheet pan with foil (you need a pan with an edge). Spray with cooking oil spray. Lay soda crackers on foil-covered pan, side by side.
- In a medium saucepan, place butter and sugar on low heat. When butter is melted, turn heat to medium high and bring butter and brown sugar to full boil; let boil 2 minutes, then pour over crackers.
- Bake in oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 8-10 minutes (it should get bubbly). Remove from oven and sprinkle crackers with chocolate chips immediately. Let chips rest until melted, then spread over all toffee covered crackers.
- Sprinkle with chopped nuts while chocolate is still soft. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until toffee sets. Break into pieces and store in air-tight container.