This post may contain affiliate links. We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. Please know, we only share products we love!
Great appetizer or great dinner!
Carrot Apple Soup is a flavorful fruit and vegetable blend perfect for fall or winter. Sweet and savory spices compliment the carrots and apples to create a velvety, sweet, yet spicy entree. This soup makes a great appetizer, but most often we serve it as our dinner meal along with a salad. The warm soup feels good as the weather cools down. And although the flavor combo is a bit unusual, we love it!
How to make carrot apple soup
A creamy soup, carrot apple soup is one of the best fall soup recipes; it's also a healthy winter soup. To make this easy and oh-so-quick soup, simply cut carrots into chunks and cook them with butter and chicken broth. Add sliced apples and when tender, let cool a bit. You can use a stick blender right in your pot, or pour the soup in a blender and puree. Return to pot. Stir in additional broth, fat free half and half, nutmeg, and seasoning. It's just that easy!
Which nutrients are in this soup?
The dense orange color is reminiscent of pumpkin. And much like a pumpkin dish, this soup offers a nutritional lineup of vitamin K, potassium, vitamin B6, vitamin C, and especially vitamin A. You can make it vegetarian by just exchanging the chicken broth for vegetable broth.
Creamy soup but still non fat soup
The soup is smooth and creamy. It's like a cream of carrot soup with the extra flavor of apples, but without a high fat content. We like it topped with chopped green onions and/or swirls of the fat-free half and half. Croutons or bacon bits would also be delicious additions to the soup. Try it with our recipe for brown sugar muffins for a delicious meal!
Be adventurous and make a batch of Carrot Apple Soup today! You’ll love the bowl-full of harvest goodness!
Check out these other cold weather recipes we think you'll love!
- Brown Sugar Muffins
- Coconut Corn Chowder
- Jalapeno Cheddar Sourdough Bread
- Creamy Mushroom Pecan Soup
- Herb Artisan Bread
- Skinny Turkey Chili
- Don't forget to pin this recipe for later! You can also follow us on Pinterest here!
Tried this recipe and loved it? Comment and Rate it! Also send us a picture, WE WANT TO SEE!
- 8 large carrots
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 large apples (Fuji or other flavorful apple), sliced
- 1 cup applesauce
- ½ cup fat free half and half
- 1 teaspoon Cajun/Creole seasoning (or ½ teaspoon salt + ½ teaspoon pepper)
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- ½ cup minced green onion (green part only)
- optional toppings: croutons or bacon bits
- Cut carrots into half-inch chunks.
- Combine carrots in saucepan with butter and one cup of chicken broth.
- Cook, covered until carrots are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Add apples and applesauce during last 5 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat; uncover. Let cool about 10 minutes.
- Put in blender and puree.
- Return to pot. Stir in remaining broth, half and half, nutmeg, ginger and seasoning.
- Serve warm, sprinkled with chopped green onion.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 131Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 870mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 4gSugar: 18gProtein: 3g
Share it on Instagram and tag us and tag #infinetasterecipes so we can see it!
You may also like these tasty recipes:
Originally published October 2, 2018.