Brown Sugar Muffins are a versatile accompaniment to so many meals! I especially love them served warm and paired with soups or salads. These muffins have a tender crumb and a caramel-like flavor.
Any time, any day!
Perfect anytime of the year, or any time of the day, brown sugar muffins are great with breakfast or brunch, and are a delicious snack on their own. We often serve them with soup. Potato cheese soup, carrot apple soup, vegetable soup -- you get the idea!
Makes 12 - 16
They are tender, and slightly sweet, and moist. A recipe from my close friend Robin, brown sugar muffins have become a staple at our house for decades. The recipe makes 12 really full muffins, or you can fill the muffin cups half full, and stretch the recipe to 16.
Ingredients and mixing method
Brown sugar, and butter make these muffins tender. These ingredients, plus vanilla, are also the flavor base for the muffins. When mixing, stir the ingredients just until the flour disappears. The batter will be slightly lumpy and that's OK. If you over mix the batter, you're muffins will be more tough and form peaks when baked.
Although they’re not pumpkin, brown sugar muffins remind me of fall. Try them with our recipe for Carrot Apple Soup. They’re a great match!
You Might Also Enjoy these other recipes
Don't forget to pin this recipe for later! You can also follow us on Pinterest here!
Tried this recipe and loved it? Comment and Rate it! Also send us a picture, WE WANT TO SEE!
Brown Sugar Muffins
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup butter melted
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup nuts chopped coarsely (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 Fahrenheit. Grease or line 12 - 16 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Combine the melted butter, brown sugar, egg, milk and vanilla.
- Add in the flour, baking soda and salt and mix just until combined. Stir in the nuts, if desired.
- Fill prepared muffin cups ⅔ full for 16 muffins or ¾ full for 12 muffins. Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Share it on Instagram and tag us and tag #infinetasterecipes so we can see it!