White chicken chili is a flavorful blend of chicken, white beans, green chiles and other herbs and spices in a creamy broth. This is a chili type soup that hits the spot any time of the year, but we especially love it when temperatures dip.
White chicken chili seasoning
Any dish that starts with sautéing onions and garlic has our vote. White chicken Chili starts just that way! Add bite-sized pieces of chicken to the mix then Cannelini beans or Great Northern Beans. The savory broth is seasoned with cumin, oregano, cayenne pepper, then salt and pepper to taste.
How to make white chili in a slow cooker
You can make this recipe in a pot on the stove, or in your crock pot. If your crock pot has a browning feature, you can make this all in a crock pot. Otherwise sauté onion, garlic and chicken on the stove, then put them, along with all the other ingredients, in your crock pot.
Easy soup recipe
We love to start this recipe in the morning, then put the crockpot on low and let it simmer all day. The flavors are brilliant. We add chicken broth to the ingredients, then finish with some sour cream and a little whipping cream to create a creamy base. You can make the base more creamy, or thinner and more broth-like by adjusting the chicken broth, sour cream and whipping cream to your taste.
What should I serve with this chili?
White chicken chili is a great main dish served with a salad and corn bread, tortillas, or tortilla chips. You can also serve smaller cups of this white chili as an appetizer.
What's the difference between Great Northern Beans and Cannellini Beans?
Great Northern beans and Cannellini beans are both “white” and similar in taste. Both are considered nutrition powerhouses. They are high in protein, high in fiber, low in fat, and have zero cholesterol. Although sllightly different in taste and texture both of these white beans are completely interchangeable in recipes.
How to garnish white bean chili
In our family, everyone from young to old loves white chicken chili. It’s a favorite mostly in spring, fall and winter months. We vary the garnishes, but most often use, cilantro, cheddar cheese, sour cream, lime wedges or tortilla chips.
We hope you'll love this satisfying chili as much as we do!
If you like this recipe, try some other great soup recipes!
- Skinny Chicken Enchilada Soup
- Coconut Corn Chowder
- Tortilla Soup
- Creamy Mushroom Pecan Soup
- Creamy Roasted Cauliflower Soup
Don't forget to pin this recipe for later! You can also follow us on Pinterest here!
Tried this recipe and loved it? Comment and Rate it! Also send us a picture, WE WANT TO SEE!
White Chicken Chili
- 1 pound chicken meat cut into bite size pieces
- 1 medium – large onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 2 15 ounce cans Cannellini beans or Great Northern white beans
- 2 15 ounce 15 ounce cans chicken broth (about 3 ½ cups chicken broth)
- 2 4 ounce cans chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup whipping cream half and half or milk
- Optional Garnish: cilantro grated cheese, jalapenos, sour cream
- In a sauté pan or crock pot, saute cut chicken and chopped onion in oil. Add minced garlic for last 2 minutes.
- Drain liquid from cans of beans and rinse beans well. Put beans, chicken broth, green chilies, cumin, oregano, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper in crock pot.
- Set temperature to low and cook for 5-8 hours or until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, add sour cream and whipping cream and stir to combine.6. Serve warm with a garnish of cilantro, grated cheese, jalapeños and sour cream if desired.
Share it on Instagram and tag us and tag #infinetasterecipes so we can see it!
Are you part of our Facebook Page? Follow along with what's new on In Fine Taste, share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, post pictures of what your making, and more! Like our page HERE
Leave a Reply