This Thai chicken pizza has our sweet and savory Thai peanut sauce and is topped with fresh, crunchy vegetables for an unbeatable combination inspired by our favorite pizza from California Pizza Kitchen!
Why Make This Recipe
This easy Thai Chicken Pizza is inspired by one of our favorite pizzas from California Pizza Kitchen (CPK). It’s sweet, savory, fresh, and crunchy! You will love this flavorful Asian-inspired chicken pizza recipe.
The combination of our Thai peanut sauce + fresh toppings is what makes this pizza so amazing and Thai-inspired. We have a couple different way to shortcut this recipe down in the FAQs if you want to simplify this recipe even more.
- Thai Peanut Sauce. This sweet and savory sauce adds a the perfect rich, Thai flavor to this Thai chicken pizza.
- Pizza Dough. I like to use our homemade pizza dough recipe as the base of this Asian chicken pizza recipe. However there are some easy swaps you can make, see our FAQs below.
- Chicken. Chicken is what makes this chicken Thai Pizza. I prefer using white chicken meat, like chicken breast. You can use pre-cooked chicken to shortcut this recipe.
- Mozzarella. Shredded mozzarella is the easiest way to top off this pizza.
- Toppings. Fresh toppings like, matchstick carrots, red bell pepper, chopped peanuts, green onions, and fresh cilantro give this Thai pizza a fresh crunch and a punch of flavor.
How to Make Homemade Thai Peanut Sauce
- Add ingredients to a pot. Add all the ingredients for the Thai peanut sauce to a small sauce pan.
- Cook. Over medium heat, whisk the ingredients together until smooth. Continue to cook for a few minutes until the mixture is thick, about the consistency of runny peanut butter.
How to Make this Pizza Recipe
- Preheat oven. Preheat oven for 475 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a baking sheet and sprinkles a little cornmeal on the pan. This will prevent the dough from sticking and give it a little crunch.
- Stretch pizza crust. Roll or stretch pizza crust to be about 12-inches in diameter. If rolling out pizza crust, fold the edge in a little bit to create a crust. Brush the pizza dough with a little bit of olive oil and sprinkle just a little bit sea salt on the rim of the crust.
- Add sauce. Spread peanut sauce over the top of the pizza into a thin even layer. Sprinkle cheese and cooked chicken over top of the pizza.
- Bake. Bake for 10-12 minutes until the crust is golden and the cheese is melted.
- Add toppings. After removing pizza from oven top with matchstick carrots, sliced bell pepper, green onions, chopped cilantro, and chopped peanuts. Slice and enjoy.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
I’m super partial to our Thai peanut sauce recipe, however, if you have a pre-made Thai peanut sauce that you love, go for it!
I always use my favorite homemade pizza dough recipe, which I will swear up and down is the best. BUT, I understand that making homemade pizza dough can be a time commitment.
Here are some alternatives to homemade pizza dough. You can try our yeast-free, no rise pizza dough recipe. Or if you just want to buy something, try store bought pizza dough, a premade pizza crust, or even flatbreads like, naan or pitas for mini Thai chicken flatbread pizzas.
The original CPK pizza calls for bean sprouts, I have a hard time finding fresh bean sprouts where I live, so I like to swap those for julienned red bell pepper in this recipe. But if you can find fresh bean sprouts where you live, add them!
Other toppings that would taste amazing on this pizza are jalapeños, red onions, and sesame seeds.
It’s pretty easy to cook up chicken for this Thai chicken pizza. However, sometimes we need to skip a couple steps to get dinner on the table faster!
One of my favorite ways to shortcut this recipe is to use pre-cooked chicken. I personally love using rotisserie chicken in this recipe, but whatever pre-cooked chicken you have will work great.
P.S. If you tried this recipe or any other In Fine Taste recipe take a second and rate it below! We love hearing what you think. Let’s stay in touch! Sign up for our newsletter or follow us on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest for more recipe ideas.
Thai Chicken Pizza
Thai Peanut Sauce
- 5 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 ½ tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- Pizza dough (I used my favorite homemade pizza crust recipe)
- ⅔ cup Thai Peanut Sauce I used my super easy homemade Thai Peanut Sauce
- 1 ½ cups mozzarella shredded
- 4-5 ounces thinly sliced chicken cooked
- ⅓ cup matchstick carrots
- ½ cup red bell pepper thin sliced
- ¼ cup roasted peanuts chopped
- Green onions thinly sliced
- Handful of cilantro roughly chopped
- Olive oil
- Make Thai peanut sauce. Place all ingredients together in a sauce pan over medium heat. Whisk together until smooth. Continue cooking until the sauce is thick, about the consistency of runny peanut butter.
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray baking sheet with cooking spray and sprinkle cornmeal on it.
- Roll or stretch pizza dough into a 12-inch circle. Turn edge of dough in and pinch to create a rim of crust. Transfer dough to baking sheet (or pizza stone).
- Brush pizza dough with olive oil and sprinkle sea salt on top. Add ⅔ cup Thai peanut sauce and using the back of a spoon spread the sauce evenly across the pizza dough leaving the pinched edge unsauced. Sprinkle mozzarella and cooked chicken over top of the sauce. Bake 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with matchstick carrots, sliced bell pepper, sliced green onions, chopped cilantro, and chopped peanuts. Slice pizza and eat!
Originally Posted September 27, 2018
See our web story for this post.