This post may contain affiliate links. We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. Please know, we only share products we love!
Strawberry season is upon us and this strawberry balsamic pizza is a flavorful and refreshing new way to enjoy pizza! This pizza is not your typical pizza it has 3 kinds of cheese—ricotta cheese, feta, and mozzarella; sliced strawberries; a sweet balsamic glaze; and fresh basil.Creamy Ricotta Makes the best Sauce
The ricotta acts the sauce, creamy and blending perfectly with the sweet and savory flavors of this strawberry balsamic pizza. The mozzarella and feta add a salty balance to the sweet and light flavor of the basil, strawberries, and balsamic glaze.
The Pizza Crust
I used my favorite homemade pizza crust! It’s so simple and delicious, and has a perfect fluffy crust. One thing I really love about this pizza crust is it makes enough for 2 pizza AND you can freeze one batch of dough to use at a later date!
If yeast intimidates you or you simply just don’t have the time, try out our 5-minute Pizza Crust!
OR, if you’re not up for making homemade crust you can always buy one or even use a couple of flatbreads to turn this into a quick and easy meal!
How to ensure this Pizza is a Success!
A couple of things you should know to make this strawberry balsamic pizza a success:
- Make sure that you brush the dough with olive oil before adding your ricotta. This is going to prevent your crust from getting soggy from the ricotta
- Add the sliced strawberries and basil AFTER it’s baked. Strawberries don’t bake super well, the release a lot of juice and will just make a soggy mess. The basil will shrivel in the oven, so to keep it fresh and green looking add it after it’s baked.
Love Pizza as much as we do? Try out these other great pizza recipes!
- Three Cheese Pizza w/ Honey and Almonds
- Thai Chicken Pizza
- Truffled Mushroom Flatbreads
- Pizza Pull-a-Parts
Don't forget to pin this recipe for later! You can also follow us on Pinterest here!
Tried this recipe and loved it? Comment and Rate it! Also send us a picture, WE WANT TO SEE!
- 1 Pizza Crust --(Try my favorite homemade pizza crust or you can use store bought or even flatbread)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup Ricotta cheese
- 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup Feta, crumbled
- ½ cup strawberries sliced
- Balsamic glaze (I usually buy this, but you can make it at home too!)
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- Sea salt
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees Fahrenheit (or whatever temperature your pizza crust calls for) Roll your pizza crust out. Try my favorite pizza crust recipe here. Brush olive oil on top of crush (this will prevent it from getting soggy from the ricotta. Top with 5 tablespoons of ricotta. Use the back of a spoon to spread the ricotta into a thin layer across the crust. Sprinkle your mozzarella evenly on top of the ricotta.
- Sprinkle feta over top of mozzarella (I like to reserve some feta to top with after its baked) Drop teaspoons of remaining ricotta over the pizza Bake for 10-15 minutes until cheese is completely melted.
- Top baked pizza with sliced strawberries, fresh basil. Drizzle balsamic glaze over top of pizza. Sprinkle sea salt on top. Slice and eat!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 283Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 539mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 11g
Share it on Instagram and tag us and tag #infinetasterecipes so we can see it!