Pizza dough made and oven ready in 5 minutes, no this is not a dream, it’s just my 5 minute pizza dough recipe. I love pizza, I really love homemade pizza, the one thing I don’t love, waiting for pizza dough to rise. Now, normally making homemade pizza dough isn’t that big of a deal to me, I do it all the time! In fact, if you came here looking for the best homemade pizza dough and don’t mind waiting for the pizza dough to rise, then check out this recipe.
But sometimes you just want it and you want it NOW! Enter, my 5 minute pizza dough. It requires no yeast, is packed with protein, lower calorie than your standard pizza dough, and it really is ready in 5 minutes!
How to ensure this recipe is a success
This is an old Weight Watchers recipe that I altered a little bit and converted into a pizza dough recipe. This recipe has very few ingredients and is super simple. Normal pizza dough uses yeast, which is what make is rise. Because this is a yeastless pizza dough, we’re using baking powder to make it rise instantly.
So here’s Tip #1: Make sure your baking powder isn’t expired! Your pizza crust will not rise if your baking powder is expired.
Tip #2: Use Greek Yogurt. Make sure you’re using Greek yogurt and not regular yogurt. Greek yogurt has been strained making it extra thick. If you use regular yogurt then your dough will be too soft and won’t turn out quite right.
Tip #3: Bake that crust first! Bake the pizza before adding your toppings. I’ve tried this recipe both ways and I’ve found that the pizza turns out best if you bake the pizza crust, THEN add your toppings, and then bake it again. This prevents the pizza crust from getting too soggy.
Tip #4: Add seasoning. I recommend adding in garlic powder and dried parsley to the pizza dough, it just adds some extra flavor! Now, if you don’t have these seasonings, don’t sweat it, the recipe will still turn out.
Make it a 2 ingredient recipe!
You can easily make this into a 2 ingredient recipe. Instead of using baking powder and all purpose flour you can replace those with self-rising flour. I don’t typically do this simply because I don’t have self-rising flour on hand at all times and I do have baking powder and regular flour on hand! But if you’ve got self-rising flour, go ahead and use it!
Low Calorie, Protein packed pizza. Dreams do come true!
How does this pizza compare to delivery?
Because this pizza is made with Greek yogurt, this pizza crust is packed with extra lean protein. You can top this pizza with whatever toppings you like. But here’s a little comparison for you.
A large slice of pepperoni pizza from Papa Johns has 320 calories, 13 grams of fat, 38g carbohydrates, 2g fiber, and 12 g protein.
A slice of this pizza when topped with ½ cup of tomato sauce, 18 slices of turkey pepperoni, and 1 ½ cups of mozzarella cheese has 187 calories, 5.3g fat, 22.7 carbohydrates, 1 g fiber, and 14g protein! Pretty amazing.
So eat those 3 slices of pizza and don’t feel guilty for one second!
Don't forget to pin this recipe so you can find it later! You can also follow us on Pinterest here!
5 Minute Pizza Dough (No Yeast!)
- - 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- - 1 tablespoon baking powder
- - 1 teaspoon salt
- - ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- - 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- - 1 ½ cups non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Mix together flour, baking powder, salt, garlic powder, and dried parsley until thoroughly dispersed. Mix in Greek yogurt until thoroughly combined and you have a dough.
- Tip dough onto a clean, lightly floured surface. Sprinkle a little flour on top of the dough and add a little flour to your rolling pin and roll your pizza dough out into a large circle. Turn edge in and crimp to create a rimmed crust for the pizza.
- Place dough on a greased baking sheet or hot pizza stone and bake for 10-13 minutes. Remove from oven and add desired sauce, cheese, and toppings. Return to oven for an additional 10-13 minutes until cheese is melted.
Tried this recipe and loved it? Comment and Rate it! Also send us a picture, WE WANT TO SEE!