This post may contain affiliate links. We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. Please know, we only share products we love!
A galette is one of the most charming desserts. “Galette” is the French term for a free-form tart. There’s something about fresh fruit piled in a rustic sugared crust that’s so elegant and inviting. Fresh Peach Galette combines fresh peaches, sugar, lemon and vanilla piled into a pastry crust and baked to perfection.
Try apples, pears, apricots or berries!
This fresh peach galette could easily be transformed with apples, pears, apricots or berries. Our favorite way to serve a galette is warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Some recipes add cinnamon and ginger to their peaches. This recipe gives you the pure flavor of the peaches.
Making the peach filling
After the peaches are peeled and sliced, sprinkle them with the lemon juice and vanilla. Next, sprinkle the peaches with sugar and toss gently.
Sprinkle with flour and toss again. This will thicken the juices as the galette is baking.
Forming the pastry crust
Roll the pastry crust into an 11-12 inch round. Pile the peaches in the center. You can create a decorative spiral if desired. Make sure to keep a 2-inch border free around edge of the pastry.
Sugar - sugar!
Fold the pastry crust up over the edges of the peaches and crimp. Brush surface of pastry with egg wash. Then sprinkle pastry with sanding sugar.
Bake galette until peaches are bubbling and pastry crust is golden.
Fresh Peach Galette is Easy and Elegant!
Although elegant in appearance, a galette is actually easier to make than a pie! Try it for your own “happily-ever” after almost any meal.
Love Pies? Try out our other popular pie recipes:
- Fresh Key Lime Pie
- Apple Galette
- Blueberry Sour Cream Pie
- Lemon Meringue Pie
- Triple Berry Slab Pie
- Chocolate Royal Silk Pie
- Brown Bag Apple Pie
Don't forget to pin this recipe for later! You can also follow us on Pinterest here!
Tried this recipe and loved it? Comment and Rate it! Also send us a picture, WE WANT TO SEE!
- 5-6 medium peaches, peeled and sliced
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 egg, beaten (for wash)
- 1 tablespoon sanding sugar, or granulated sugar
- - - - - - -
- Your favorite pie crust recipe (single crust)
- Or single ready-made refrigerator pie crust
- Pare skin from peaches. Remove pit and slice into ¼ inch slices.
- Place peach slices in a medium-sized bowl. Sprinkle lemon juice and vanilla over peaches.
- Stir sugar and salt together to combine. Sprinkle peaches with sugar/salt mixture and toss gently.
- Next sprinkle peaches with flour; toss gently.
- Set peach mixture aside.
- Roll out pastry round to 11-12 inch circle on lightly floured board.
- Pile peaches in center of pastry round.
- Create a decorative spiral design, or other design with the peaches if you wish.
- Leave a two-inch border free around edge of pastry.
- Fold the pastry up over the edges of the peaches to create a crust. Crimp edges as needed; (see pictures.)
- Carefully move galette to a baking sheet.
- Brush surface of pastry with egg wash. Then sprinkle pastry with sanding sugar.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 34-40 minutes or until peaches are bubbling and crust is golden brown.
- Let galette cool on wire rack for at least 10 minutes before slicing. Serve warm or cold.
Share it on Instagram and tag us and tag #infinetasterecipes so we can see it!
originally posted on October 5, 2018