This post may contain affiliate links. We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. Please know, we only share products we love!
This blueberry sour cream pie is light and flavorful! Fresh blueberries, folded into a light sour cream custard for a pie that is fresh and not too heavy! I absolutely love this variation on a baked fruit pie and it takes less only 5 minutes to put this filling together!
Making this blueberry sour cream pie
This blueberry sour cream pie is super simple to make but it does require a couple of steps to ensure it turns out perfectly!
Keep your pie crust edges from burning
After mixing up your filling and pouring it into your unbaked pie crust—you can use homemade or store bought—cover the edges of your crust with foil. Bake your pie at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes. Then, you’ll then take your pie out of the oven, remove the foil, add your crumble topping, and bake for another 10-15 minutes.
Making the crumble topping
The crumble topping on this pie is easy and has your basic crumble ingredients—butter, flour, sugar, and a touch of salt. The key to making a good crumble topping, like any good pastry, is cold butter. Cut your butter into your flour so you have pea-sized crumbles, then add your sugar, and pinch of salt. Your mixture should look similar to bread crumbs.
Cool this blueberry sour cream pie completely before devouring! Try it using our favorite homemade pie crust recipe!
Try Out Some of Our Other Favorite Pies:
Don’t forget to pin this recipe for later! You can also follow us on Pinterest here!
Tried this recipe and loved it? Comment and Rate it! Also send us a picture, WE WANT TO SEE!
Blueberry Sour Cream Filling:
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 ½ cups blueberries, see notes
- 1 ½ tablespoons cold butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Roll pie crust out and place in pie crust, prick crust with a fork to prevent air bubbles. Set aside.
- Whisk together sugar, sour cream, egg, vanilla, almond extract, lemon juice, salt, and flour until smooth. Fold in blueberries. Cover the edges of the crust with foild so they don’t get too brown. Pour into unbaked pie crust. Bake for 30 minutes.
- While pie is baking prepare the crumble. Use a two knives to cut butter into flour. Once you have pea sized butter and flour mixture, stir in sugar and salt.
- After the pie has baked for 30 minutes remove it from the oven, remove foil from pie crust, and sprinkle with the crumble topping. Bake for an additional 10-15 minutes. Cool completely before serving.
You can use fresh or frozen blueberries. If you use frozen blueberries, thaw and drain them, pat them dry with a paper towel.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 275Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 37mgSodium: 242mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 1gSugar: 22gProtein: 3g
Share it on Instagram and tag us and tag #infinetasterecipes so we can see it!
Check out these other recipes you NEED on your Thanksgiving Table!
- Roasted Brussel Sprouts w/ Bacon, Cranberries, & Pecans
- Pumpkin Sheet Cake
- Thai-Style Sweet Potato Balls
- Maple Butter Bread Rolls
- Pumpkin Crunch Cake
- Cranberry Ginger Punch
originally published November 14, 2018