This post may contain affiliate links. We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. Please know, we only share products we love!
If you’re looking for a rich and creamy chocolate pie, look no further! Chocolate silk pie is a chocoholic’s dream! An Oreo cookie crust is paired with fresh whipped cream, milk and dark chocolate mousse, and chocolate curls.
This decadent dessert is easy to prepare, yet it’s a step above your average chocolate cream pie.
Curling the chocolate
It’s so much fun to create chocolate curls! Use a standard vegetable peeler on a large, room temperature Hershey’s Milk Chocolate bar (no nuts). Gently peel strips off the bar, rotating as the chocolate warms in your hands. Get creative and try peeling on different sides, and even the bottom flat surface of the Hershey bar.
A variety of curls really adds to your presentation! Once you have enough curls, set them aside in the refrigerator to keep them firm. They’re quite delicate, so you don’t want to handle them until you’re ready to use them.
How to make a chocolate cookie crust
It’s easy to make the chocolate cookie crust in a food processor. Just add whole Oreo Cookies and blend until they become crumbs. You can also put the Oreos in a Zip-loc bag and smash them with a rolling pin. Then add melted butter and blend. Press the crumb mixture onto the bottom and up the sides of your pie pan and chill.
Layer of melted chocolate
You brush melted milk chocolate over the crushed Oreo crust, then chill again. This adds a thin “shell” layer and keeps crust from getting soggy.
Chocolate truffle filling
This pie is similar to a French silk pie or chocolate satin pie with a truffle like filling.To make the filling, whip egg yolks with melted milk and semi sweet chocolates, then fold them into whipping cream, like you would chocolate mousse.
Next, pour the chocolate filling into your prepared chocolate cookie crust.
Final layer of whipped cream
For the grand finale, spread a pile of whipped cream gently over top of pie to within 1-2 inches of pie edge. And garnish with chocolate shavings and chocolate curls for a beautiful finish. Refrigerate for several hours before serving. Refrigerating the pie will make it easier to cut into clean, firm slices.
Our family loves this pie for Thanksgiving, Christmas, or any special occasion.
You might enjoy these other delicious pie recipes!
- Fresh Key Lime Pie
- Peach Slab Pie
- Chocolate Meringue Torte
- Blueberry Sour Cream Pie
- Lemon Meringue Pie
- Brown Bag Apple Pie
Don’t forget to pin this recipe for later! You can also follow us on Pinterest here!
Tried this recipe and loved it? Comment and Rate it! Also send us a picture, WE WANT TO SEE!
- 24 Oreo Cookies (including filling)
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 6 ounces milk chocolate chips (about 1 cup)
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips (about 1 cup)
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 6 tablespoons water
- 2 cups whipping cream
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- In a food processor, add the whole Oreo Cookies and blend until they become crumbs.
- Add melted butter and blend. (You can also put the Oreos in a Zip-loc bag and smash them with a rolling pin.)
- Place crumb mixture in 9 or 10-inch pie pan and press onto the bottom and up the sides evenly.
- Refrigerate crust for at least an hour before adding filling.
- Whip cream until thick. Add sugar and vanilla. Divide in half and set aside.
- Melt milk chocolate in double boiler over low heat.
- Spread 3 tablespoons milk chocolate on bottom of Oreo crust. Chill.
- To remaining milk chocolate in double boiler, add semi-sweet chocolate until melted.
- Add egg yolks and water to chocolate in double boiler. Mix together. If chocolate hardens, just keep mixing and it will smooth out.
- Set aside chocolate mixture to cool and thicken.
- When cool, fold chocolate mixture into ½ of whipped cream.
- Next, layer the chocolate-egg yolk-whipped cream mixture into pie.
- Top with remaining whipped cream (this will be 1/2 of your original whipping cream) and gently spread 1-2 inches from edge of pie.
- Garnish with chocolate shavings and chocolate curls. (Use a standard vegetable peeler on a large, room temperature Hershey's Milk Chocolate bar-- no nuts. Gently peel strips off the bar, rotating as the chocolate warms in your hands.)
- Refrigerate for several hours or overnight before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 559Total Fat: 39gSaturated Fat: 22gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 125mgSodium: 176mgCarbohydrates: 52gFiber: 2gSugar: 41gProtein: 5g
Share it on Instagram and tag us and tag #infinetasterecipes so we can see it!
originally published November 17, 2018