This post may contain affiliate links. We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. Please know, we only share products we love!
What is a key lime?
So, just what is a key lime? Key limes are smaller than the usual Persian limes we find in supermarkets across the U.S. The key lime is small, slightly yellow and has more seeds than its Persian cousin. It’s also a bit more tart and has a slight floral taste.
What’s the history of Key Lime Pie?
Taste testers ready?
Hi there! Links in this post are Amazon affiliate links to products we like.
Sub for Key lime juice
Try some of our other favorite spring desserts!
Don’t forget to pin this recipe for later! You can also follow us on Pinterest here!
Tried this recipe and loved it? Comment and Rate it! Also send us a picture, WE WANT TO SEE!
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 1 1/2 sleeves)
- 6 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup key lime juice (about 22 key limes) + zest of 4 key limes (or 2 limes)
- 2 cans (14 ounce) sweetened condensed milk
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 Tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
1. In a medium bowl, mix together graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter until well blended. (If using packaged graham crackers, crush them in a zip loc bag with a rolling pin or chop in food processor to get fine crumbs
2. Press crumbs on bottom and up sides of 9-inch pie pan.
3. Bake at 350 degrees for about 8 minutes.
1. Squeeze juice from about 22 key limes to reach 3/4 cup key lime juice (alternate, use 3/4 cup bottled key lime --NOT LIME-- juice into a medium-sized mixing bowl.
2. Add lime zest, 2 cans sweetened condensed milk, egg yolks and lemon juice, and mix with electric or wire whisk mixer for 2-3 minutes or until well blended and creamy.
3. Pour filling into baked graham cracker crust and bake in oven for 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees. (Note: check pie after 15 minutes, my oven takes 18 minutes).
4. Pie should jiggle when you remove it. Don't let it get brown.
5. Let pie cool, then refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
6. Serve Pie cold topped with whipping cream.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 374Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 129mgSodium: 189mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 2gSugar: 22gProtein: 4g
Share it on Instagram and tag us and tag #infinetasterecipes so we can see it!