Keep the temp inside your house cool by heating up your outdoor grill for dinner! Our foil dinner on the grill is an easy dinner idea. Foil dinners are great for camping in the great outdoors, or even in your backyard. One of the great things is this dinner -- it's as delicious as it is easy.
How do you make dinner in a foil packet?
A simple summer dinner idea, making dinner in a foil packet is both fun and tasty. Try putting beef, chicken or fish along with veggies in your aluminum foil packet. Make sure to season it and add a little extra moisture in the form of a marinade or other liquid. Folding down the foil packet seals in the juices and flavors. You'll get a delicious, tender meal.
Ground beef and veggie foil dinner
Our foil dinner on the grill is a healthy summer dinner recipe. It features ground beef, potatoes, onions, peppers, carrots and green beans. It's slowly cooked in our In Fine Taste Best Hamburger Marinade, which has delightful flavors!
The very best marinade
In a medium-sized bowl, make a double recipe of In Fine Taste Best Hamburger Marinade.
How to flavor the veggies
Dip each type of vegetable in marinade and lightly shake off excess liquid; then set aside.
Best hamburger marinade
Place ground beef in bowl with remaining marinade. Use clean hands to gently blend marinade into meat. Be careful not to work the meat too much or it will become tough.
Use a double thickness of foil
Form ground beef into four equal sized (¼ pound) round patties. Next, spray interior side of 4 pieces of foil with Pam spray. Then lay vegetables in middle of foil. We like to use a double thickness of foil to keep the juices inside.
Stacking the packet
Lay the ground beef patty on top of vegetables and lightly sprinkle with garlic salt. Next, make your foil packet: Fold long sides of foil up and together, then turn down edges creating a tent. Continue to fold edges down and fold up short edges of foil to seal. Finally, fold foil packet into a second piece of foil and seal.
Place the foil packets on an outdoor grill. (Flip over half way through.) You could also do this in the coals of a campfire, or in your home oven. Remove from grill and cool to warm before serving. The foil will be hot! We like to eat these dinners served with a dollup of barbeque sauce.
Make a fun plan for dinner this weekend and try our foil dinners on the grill!
Try some other great summer dinner recipes!
- Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- Thai Chicken Pizza
- Zucchini Pasta with Yogurt Herb Sauce
- Green Chile Enchiladas
- Thai Turkey Lettuce Wraps
Don't forget to pin this recipe for later! You can also follow us on Pinterest here!
Tried this recipe and loved it? Comment and Rate it! Also send us a picture, WE WANT TO SEE!
Foil Dinner on the Grill
For Foil Dinner
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 large baking potatoes or 4 medium; diced
- 1 large onion; sliced
- 1 green pepper or colorful peppers; sliced
- ½ pound green beans; trimmed
- 4 large carrots; sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
For Hamburger Marinade*
- ½ cup Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 4 cloves fresh garlic minced
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoons liquid smoke mesquite flavor
- Cut 8 pieces of foil (18 x 12 inches) Spray interior side of 4 pieces of foil with cooking spray.
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a medium bowl and mix together. Dip vegetables in marinade and lightly shake off excess, then set aside.
- Place ground beef in bowl with remaining marinade. Use clean hands to gently blend marinade into meat. Be careful not to work the meat too much or it will become tough.
- Lay vegetables in middle of foil. Form ground beef into four equal sized (¼ pound) round patties. Lay ground beef patty on top of vegetables
- Lightly sprinkle meat with garlic salt. Fold foil like a packet and turn down edges. Fold foil packet into a second piece of foil and seal.
- Place foil packets on outdoor grill. (Flip over half way through.) Cook on high for 10 minutes. Turn down heat and cook on low-medium 35 more minutes. Remove from grill and cool to warm before serving. Serve with barbecue sauce if desired.
Share it on Instagram and tag us and tag #infinetasterecipes so we can see it!
Are you part of our Facebook Page? Follow along with what's new on In Fine Taste, share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, post pictures of what your making, and more! Like our page HERE
Leave a Reply