I have a little raised garden bed in my backyard where five things are growing; basil, oregano, two kinds of thyme and the tiniest tomatoes imaginable. Here in Las Vegas I haven’t had much luck gardening, but I’m enchanted by my little planter. Corn, tomato, avocado salad combines fresh corn on the cob and avocados, with ingredients from my planter.
I think the basil and tomatoes taste extra good ‘cause they came from my backyard! There's nothing like summer salads with garden fresh ingredients.
Do you like Mexican Corn Salad?
If you like Mexican corn salad, or Mexican street corn salad, you'll love our corn, tomato and avocado salad. I like this corn salad for its simple ingredients and fresh taste.
The dressing makes the salad
In my experience, the dressing is what makes a salad a stand out. Corn, tomato and avocado salad is complemented by the delicious blend of lime, olive oil, vinegar, herbs and spices. Grab the taste of summer one more time while you can!
Try these fresh summer recipes!
- Mediterranean Salad
- Lemon, Orange, Banana Ice Cream.
- Jalapeno Potato Salad
- Peaches and Cream Popsicles
- Strawberry Spinach Salad
Don't forget to pin this recipe for later! You can also follow us on Pinterest here!
Tried this recipe and loved it? Comment and Rate it! Also send us a picture, WE WANT TO SEE!
Corn, Tomato & Avocado Salad
- 4 cobs corn
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
- 2 green onions sliced thin
- 5 basil leaves cut into *chiffonade strips (*see "Tips & Tricks" section)
- 1 avocado diced
- 1 jalapeño diced (optional)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 teaspoon Tony Chacere's Cajun Seasoning (or ½ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Make dressing by combining olive oil, vinegar, lime juice and seasonings. Set aside.
- Cook corn, cut kernels off cobs and place in large bowl.
- Add halved grape tomatoes, green onion, basil, avocado and jalapeño (optional). Toss dressing gently with ingredients and let marinade 3-4 hours for flavors to combine. Toss before serving.
Share it on Instagram and tag us and tag #infinetasterecipes so we can see it!
originally published September 2, 2018