Nothing says summer like fresh strawberries! We love putting them in a green salad to pack nutrients and fresh summer berries into one delicious dish. This super easy and fast strawberry spinach salad is one of the best salad recipes -- it gives you a wonderful flavor assortment in every bite!
Welcome to Flavor Heaven
If you like spinach salad, you'll fall in love with this strawberry spinach salad! You've got the mild spinach, savory/smokey bacon, sweet strawberries, the toasty taste of almonds, and a little bite from thinly sliced red onion, all together in one bowl. Just add our Fresh Strawberry Vinaigrette and you've got yourself one heavenly salad! The vinaigrette dressing recipe is one of the tastiest you'll find! This salad is super easy to make. It's a great side salad for almost any meal. You could also turn it into a main dish salad by adding grilled chicken or steak.
Which nutrients are in this salad?
The dark green spinach leaves and bright red strawberries are beautiful together. Beyond that, you get some excellent nutrition as a result of this tasty dish. Strawberries and spinach are both good sources of Vitamin C, potassium and folate (vitamin B9). Strawberries also add manganese while spinach is a great source of magnesium, vitamin A, vitamin K, and other vitamins and minerals.
Best salad dressing
To make this salad shine it's very best light, add our fresh strawberry vinaigrette. It's straight fro salad dressing heaven! Fresh strawberries blended with pomegranate vinegar and olive oil create a sweet and snappy dressing perfect for summer salads. In our book, there is nothing like homemade salad dressing to finish off a good salad. Period. This salad and it's dressing are MFEO (made for each other!)
How to prep ahead of time
You can prep some of this salad ahead by toasting almonds and baking bacon in the oven together. Click here for instructions on How to Cook Bacon in the Oven . Next, just bag and freeze. They'll stay fresh for at least three months. Then, when temperatures are hot, just pull out your bacon and almonds and prep the rest without heating up the kitchen. This salad is a favorite of ours. We hope you'll love it too!
You may also like these tasty recipes:
Don't forget to pin this recipe for later! You can also follow us on Pinterest here!
Tried this recipe and loved it? Comment and Rate it! Also send us a picture, WE WANT TO SEE!
Strawberry Spinach Salad & Vinaigrette
- 2 pounds strawberries sliced
- 16 ounces baby spinach or spinach and spring greens mixed
- 1 cup sliced almonds toasted
- 4 ounces cooked bacon large chop (use pre-cooked bacon, or cook your own.)
- ¼ red onion sliced paper thin
For Fresh Strawberry Vinaigrette
- ½ cup strawberries
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup Pomegranate Infused White Balsamic Vinegar available at branchandvine.online OR Pomegranate Red wine vinegar* (available at major supermarkets in the U.S.)
- *If using Pomegranate Red Wine Vinegar add 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 Tablespoon fresh red onion grated
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground mustard
Strawberry Spinach Salad
- Heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Place sliced almonds on a cookie sheet and toast 5-10 minutes (watch carefully so they don't burn).
- Rinse and hull strawberries, then slice them (about 4-5 slices per berry). Chop bacon. (Use pre-cooked bacon, or fry your own). Slice ¼ medium red onion paper thin with a knife or sharp peeler.
- Mix all ingredients together in a large serving bowl. Toss with our fresh strawberry vinaigrette just before serving.
- Rinse strawberries, measure and place in blender. Chop red onion, then add that and remaining ingredients to blender. Blend until smooth.Place in tightly sealed container and refrigerate until ready to use. Dressing will stay fresh in refrigerator one week. Shake before serving.