Jalapeño Potato Salad isn't your ordinary potato salad. This just might be the most exciting potato salad you've ever met!
Perfect Dish for Any Occasion
Barbecues, potlucks, picnics, and Sunday dinners are perfect occasions to introduce this salad. Our dear friend Marilyn first made it for us, then shared the recipe. It was an instant hit with our family! Who could resist the vibrant colors and flavors of this summery dish?
Yukon Gold Potatoes
We start with slightly sweet Yukon Gold potatoes. These potatoes have a smooth texture and add a creaminess to the salad.
We like the elements of shredded (par-cooked) carrots, peas, cilantro and onion. The real highlights are the chopped jalapeno, which add as much kick as you can take!
Oooh! That Dressing!
The dressing really pulls it all together. We add lime juice and lime zest to mayonnaise and sour cream along with a few other spices. Next, we mash part of the potatoes and add them to the dressing mixture. It's a real standout!
This yummy salad could be your new signature! It's easy and delicious and well, just try it! We hope you'll like it as much as we do!
We think you'll also like these other recipes that are perfect for sharing!
- Lemon, Orange, Banana Homemade Ice Cream
- Mediterranean Salad
- Triple Berry Slab Pie
- Black and White Bean Salad
- Fourth of July Recipe Round-Up
Don't forget to pin this recipe for later! You can also follow us on Pinterest here!
Tried this recipe and loved it? Comment and Rate it! Also send us a picture, WE WANT TO SEE!
Jalapeño Potato Salad
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise don't use Miracle Whip or lite mayo
- ½ cup fresh lime juice about 3 limes
- 1 heaping teaspoon lime zest
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- 5 pounds Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 4 large carrots; cook 5 minutes then grate
- ½ bunch cilantro, chopped
- 3-4 jalapeño peppers, seeded and chopped
- 12 ounce package frozen baby peas
- ½ large yellow onion chopped
- In a medium bowl mix together sour cream, mayonnaise, lime juice and zest, salt, cayenne pepper and oregano. Mix well.
For Potato Salad
- Put potatoes in a large pot of salted water; bring to a boil. Cook until just tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Add carrots for last 5 minutes of cooking. Cool potatoes and carrots. Cut potatoes into bite size pieces and grate carrots.
- Prepare ingredients above.
- Mash about 2 cups of potatoes. Mix dressing with mashed potatoes. Then add cilantro, onions, jalapeños to creamy mixture.
- Add frozen peas and grated carrots to mixture. Pour dressing mixture over remaining potatoes and blend gently. Refrigerate 1-2 hours until cold.
Share it on Instagram and tag us and tag #infinetasterecipes so we can see it!
originally published July 30, 2019