This post may contain affiliate links. We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. Please know, we only share products we love!
This is the BEST broccoli salad ever! I love that it never gets soggy, you can make it in advance and the salad doesn’t wilt like most green salads. And the salad gets better as it marinates in the dressing and other flavors! This salad is full of broccoli crowns, broccoli slaw, chopped sweet apple, dried cranberries, sunflower seeds, green onions, crispy bacon, cheddar cheese, and a lightened up creamy dressing.
How far in advance can I make this broccoli salad?
I love salads year-round, but I especially love them during the summer. This salad is my go-to salad for barbecues and potlucks. One thing I really love about this salad is that you can make it in advance! No wilted lettuce and it really does get better as it sits. In fact, I love to let it sit in the fridge for at least an hour before serving it. The different textures in this salad, the crispy, soft, chewy, ugh it’s all so good!
I wouldn’t make this salad more than a day in advance simply because the apple starts to brown a little bit, but even with slightly brown apples this light and creamy broccoli salad will taste delicious for days!
How many people will this broccoli salad serve?
This salad is designed to serve a crowd, so it’s perfect for taking to a barbecue or potluck! It’ll serve about 12-16 people.
If you’re making it just for your family you may want cut the recipe in half or third the recipe. Please note, in the photos shown 2/3 of the recipe, as I was making it for a smaller group.
How is this dressing lighter than traditional broccoli salad dressings?
Most classic broccoli salad recipes call for tons of mayonnaise and sugar. I’ve lightened up this dressing with part plain Greek yogurt and part light mayo, and honey, but I promise you won’t miss the extra mayonnaise and sugar.
You might also like these other potluck favorites:
- Apple Cilantro Lime Coleslaw
- Lemon Tarragon Pasta Salad
- Corn, Tomato, and Avocado Salad
- Jalapeno Potato Salad
Don’t forget to pin this recipe for later! You can also follow us on Pinterest here!
Tried this recipe and loved it? Comment and Rate it! Also send us a picture, WE WANT TO SEE!
- 12 cups broccoli crowns, chopped
- 3 cups broccoli slaw
- 1 medium apple (about 1 cup), diced
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup shelled sunflower seeds
- ½ cup green onions, thinly sliced
- 8 slices of bacon, cooked until crispy and crumbled
- 1 ¼ cup cheddar, cut into small cubes
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt (I like Fage 0% fat)
- ½ cup mayonnaise (I used light)
- 5 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 7 tablespoons honey
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- In a very large bowl toss together all of the salad ingredients. Set aside.
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together all of the salad dressing ingredients until smooth. Pour over top of the salad and toss until salad is completely coated in dressing.
This makes enough to serve a crowd! Feel free to half the recipe.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 154Total Fat: 6gCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 3gProtein: 8g
Share it on Instagram and tag us and tag #infinetasterecipes so we can see it!
Love using honey in your recipes? Check out these recipes:
- Honey Frozen Yogurt w/ Roasted Strawberries
- Peach Panzanella Salad w/ Honey Vinaigrette
- Moist Honey Tea Cake
- Honey Almond Granola
- Honey Walnut Shrimp
Originally posted August 11, 2018