This post may contain affiliate links. We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. Please know, we only share products we love!
This peppermint bark fudge has a rich dark chocolate fudge base, peppermint white chocolate ganache, all topped with crushed candy cane for that signature crunch! This fudge is super easy! No sweetened condensed milk, and no stove required!
Does anyone else remember those cute little tins Williams-Sonoma put their peppermint bark in with the Dalmatians on the front? Whenever I think of peppermint bark that is always the first image that comes to my mind! But trust me, this fudge kicks peppermint bark’s trash (homemade or store bought)! So how do we make it?
Put that Microwave to Use!
Making the Peppermint Bark Fudge
I’m not opposed to making fudge on the stove, but if it’s just as good made in the microwave… why not?! This dark chocolate fudge recipe uses evaporated milk and marshmallows to give it that signature fudge texture!
Start by melting down the marshmallows and butter together in the microwave until smooth. Add in the evaporated milk, back in the microwave until its piping hot, then add your chocolate chips in and let them melt in the hot mixture. Once that mixture is silky smooth, mix in the salt, vanilla, powdered sugar, and cocoa powder. Spread it into your lined plan and start on the ganache!
Making the White Chocolate Ganache
This ganache is super simple to make, just heat your butter and milk together until its piping hot. Then add in your white chocolate and stir, stir, stir until smooth! Add in your vanilla, salt, and peppermint extract and pour it over the top of your dark chocolate fudge. Top it off with some crushed candy canes, chills, and voilà! Done! Eat and enjoy!
How long is homemade fudge good for?
homemade fudge has a pretty long shelf life! This fudge will stay good at room temperature for 1-2 weeks, 3 weeks in the fridge, or 3 months in the freezer! I just recommend you slice it up into bite size squares before freezing it so you're not trying to slice a frozen brick!
Check Out Our Other Christmas Favorites:
- Cranberry Almond Baked French Toast
- French Hot Chocolate
- Ginger Gringles (our favorite gingersnap cookie!)
- Soft, No Spread Sugar Cookies (perfect for Christmas cookie decorating!)
Don't forget to pin this recipe for later! You can also follow us on Pinterest here!
Tried this recipe and loved it? Comment and Rate it! Also send us a picture, WE WANT TO SEE!
Dark Chocolate Fudge
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1—5 ounce can (10 tablespoons) evaporated milk
- 3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch of salt
- ¾ cup + 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons Hershey’s Special Dark Cocoa powder (unsweetened)
Peppermint White Chocolate Ganache
- 1 ½ tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 ½ cups white chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoons vanilla
- pinch of salt
- ¾ teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2-3 candy canes, crushed
- In a large microwave safe bowl microwave mini
marshmallows and butter together in 20-30 second increments, stirring in between. Once marshmallows and butter are combined and there are no lumps—Add in evaporated milk and stir together. Microwave for 2-3 minutes until hot.
- Add in chocolate chips and stir. Let mixture sit for 1 minute then stir until chocolate chips are completely melted and mixture is smooth. Stir in vanilla, salt, powdered sugar, and cocoa powder.
- Line a 9x9 pan with foil and then pour mixture into pan. Use a spatula to even out mixture.
Dark Chocolate Fudge
Peppermint White Chocolate Ganache:
- In a microwave safe bowl add butter and milk. Microwave in 20-30 increments until hot. Add in white chocolate chips. Stir until smooth. You may need to place mixture back in microwave for 20-second intervals, stirring in between, to get mixture completely smooth.
- Stir in vanilla, salt, and peppermint extract. Pour over top
of dark chocolate fudge. Top with crushed candy cane. Chill until firm.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 81Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 20mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 1gSugar: 8gProtein: 1g
Share it on Instagram and tag us and tag #infinetasterecipes so we can see it!
Originally published December 8, 2018