This post may contain affiliate links. We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. Please know, we only share products we love!
I remember as child my mom loved to stop at See’s Candy and get a free sample. Sometimes she would let me pick one chocolate—I always chose one of their dark chocolate truffles. I never realized how easy it was to make truffles myself!
These truffles are silky smooth and rich! A fine chocolate bar, like Ghirardelli, will give you a smoother, richer truffle than chocolate chips. That said, I have used chocolate chips in this recipe before and the truffles still turn out wonderful. If you do use chocolate chips you may need to heat them a little longer. Remember: chocolate chips are designed to maintain their shape—that’s why we use them things like cookies!
Don't miss these other delicious recipes!
- Chocolate Orange Truffle Pie w/ Gingersnap Crust
- Cranberry Orange Brown Sugar Cake
- Pumpkin Cake Balls
- Key Lime Pie Truffles
Don't forget to pin this recipe for later! You can also follow us on Pinterest here!
Tried this recipe and loved it? Comment and Rate it! Also send us a picture, WE WANT TO SEE!
- 1 ¼ cup dark chocolate, chopped finely
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Small pinch of salt
- ½ teaspoon pure orange extract
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- In a microwave safe bowl, microwave cream for 1-2 minutes until cream is hot. Pour finely chopped chocolate into bowl with cream. Make sure the cream is completely covering the chocolate and let sit together for 3-5 minutes.
- Stir chocolate and cream until completely smooth. If there are still small chunks of chocolate microwave in 20 second increments, stirring after each segment until smooth.
- Stir in salt and orange extract (see notes). Chill in fridge until solid. Once solid, use a tablespoon or small cookie scoop to scoop out truffle mixture. Roll truffles in hands to shape into a small ball then roll in unsweetened cocoa powder.
Make sure you are using pure orange extract and not imitation—imitation will leave a bad aftertaste.
Best stored in the fridge when not eating.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 86Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 10mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 1gSugar: 6gProtein: 1g
Share it on Instagram and tag us and tag #infinetasterecipes so we can see it!