This post may contain affiliate links. We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. Please know, we only share products we love!
Our sundried tomato chicken has a rich and creamy sauce, filled with spinach and sundried tomatoes, and Parmesan. It’s the type of meal you you’d get in an upscale restaurant but it’s actually super simple and it’s ready in just 20 minutes! Eat it solo or pair it with pasta, mashed potatoes, or steamed vegetables!
Cooking the Chicken
In this recipe we’re using chicken breast, the breast is nice and lean. If you prefer your chicken super thin, feel free to pound your chicken breasts until they’re your preferred thickness. We’ll add a little olive oil to the pan to make sure that the chicken doesn’t stick to the pan. Then cook the chicken for 5-6 minutes on each side. You can either check the internal temperature of the chicken with a meat thermometer to ensure it reaches 165 degrees, or take a peek inside to make sure there are no signs of pinkness and that it’s cooked all the way through.
Keto-friendly Sundried Tomato Chicken
This creamy sundried tomato chicken recipe is already naturally low in carbs, yay! So obviously don’t go pairing it with pasta, try it with steamed broccoli or some roasted asparagus.
Pair it with a one of our refreshing salads!
- Palm of Hearts Salad w/ Tarragon Dijon Vinaigrette
- Mediterranean Salad
- Grapefruit Mint Kale Salad
- Sensation Salad
- Pear & Pomegranate Salad
Don't forget to pin this recipe for later! You can also follow us on Pinterest here!
Tried this recipe and loved it? Comment and Rate it! Also send us a picture, WE WANT TO SEE!
- 1 pound uncooked chicken breasts, thawed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ medium onion diced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1-1 ¼ cups milk
- ¼ cup sundried tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ cup cream cheese
- ¼ cup parmesan
- 4 cups spinach
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice (about the juice of 1 lemon)
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- green onions (optional)
1. Heat your skillet over medium-high heat with 2 tablespoons of olive oil in it. Take your thawed chicken breasts, dry them off with a paper towel. Season your chicken with salt and pepper. Cook chicken for 5-6 minutes on each side until chicken is completely cooked all the way through or the center reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove chicken and set aside.
2. Add your butter to the skillet with your diced onion, and garlic for 1-2 minutes until garlic becomes super fragrant.
3. Add in your crushed red pepper, 1 cup of milk, and cream cheese to your skillet. Stir together until mixture melts together and forms a nice creamy sauce.
4. Add in your parmesan, spinach, chopped sundried tomatoes, lemon juice, and dried parsley, stir and cook for another 3-5 minutes until your spinach has wilted. If your sauce is too thick you can add additional ¼ cup of milk, start by adding 2 tablespoons if you need more add the other 2 tablespoons. If your sauce is too thin let it cook down some more, as it cooks it’ll continue to thicken.
5. Serve the chicken with sauce over top. Top with sliced green onions. This chicken pairs well with mashed potatoes, steamed vegetables, over pasta, or with a fresh salad.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 446Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 138mgSodium: 536mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 5gSugar: 3gProtein: 47g
Share it on Instagram and tag us and tag #infinetasterecipes so we can see it!
Try some of our other Delicious recipes!