Add a fresh vegetable dish to your repertoire with this delicious recipe for Lemon Garlic Roasted Green Beans with Almonds. Perfect anytime, this side dish is easy to prepare and gives a lot of spunk to an often overlooked veggie.
Keep the nutrients
Oven roasting is a healthy way to cook vegetables. Your oven roasted green beans will keep a vibrant color and the nutrients don't leach out into water like they would in traditional boiling.
Trimming the beans
To trim the green beans, line up the stems (the tougher ends) and slice the ends off with one slice. You want to keep the skinny tapered ends which are tender and good to eat.
How to make garlic green beans
For this oven roasted green beans recipe, next place the olive oil, garlic, almonds, lemon juice, and lemon zest in a large mixing bowl. Add the green beans and toss until well coated. Spread beans on a large rimmed baking sheet lined with foil, parchment paper or a silicon mat for east clean up. Then place lemon slices atop beans.
How long does it take to cook fresh green beans?
Set oven rack in middle and insert baking sheet in a 400 degree pre-heated oven. Roast green beans until they start to turn brown and crisp. This should take 15 - 25 minutes depending on your oven. Remove from oven and add salt and pepper to taste, then serve while they're still warm. They're delicious.
Check out these other healthy recipes!
Don't forget to pin this recipe for later! You can also follow us on Pinterest here!
Tried this recipe and loved it? Comment and Rate it! Also send us a picture, WE WANT TO SEE!
Lemon Garlic Roasted Green Beans with Almonds
- 1 pound green beans trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- 1 lemon thinly sliced
- juice and zest of one lemon
- sea salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees & move oven rack to middle. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil or parchment paper (to clean easily).
- Trim stem end only of green beans (leave tender wispy end).In large mixing bowl toss green beans, olive oil, garlic, almonds, lemon juice, and lemon zest.
- Spread green beans on baking sheet; cover with sliced lemons.Roast until browned and almost tender, stirring occasionally, about 15 to 25 minutes. 7. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
Share it on Instagram and tag us and tag #infinetasterecipes so we can see it!
Are you part of our Facebook Page? Follow along with what's new on In Fine Taste, share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, post pictures of what your making, and more! Like our page HERE
originally posted March 23, 2020
Leave a Reply