This post may contain affiliate links. We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. Please know, we only share products we love!
Black and White Bean Salad is easy, fresh, nutritious, and delicious. As a result, it's a great salad for summer BBQ's, and for potlucks and meals anytime of the year. And the colors of this salad are fabulous. They just scream "Eat me!"
Eat Your Colors!
Black and White Bean Salad could be the perfect poster for the USDA slogan "Eat Your Colors!" Different colors of vegetables and fruits each contain a variety of vitamins and minerals. Green, yellow and red peppers are all great sources of Vitamin A, Vitamin C and Vitamin B6. And they're a good source of folate and dietary fiber. The red peppers are especially high in these nutrients!
Which nutrients are in black and white bean salad?
White and black beans are great sources of protein and fiber. They're low fat too. Black beans are high in folate and magnesium and they have about 10 times the antioxidants of oranges! Who knew?!
Nutrients in tomatoes
The other red veggie in this salad, tomatoes, are nutrients stars as well. Did you know tomatoes are the major dietary source of the antioxidant lycopene? Lycopene has been linked to many health benefits such as reduced risk of heart disease and cancer. Go tomatoes!
Southwestern bean salad or Mexican black bean salad, meets Tuscan bean salad or Mediterranean bean salad in this easy recipe. It really is the best bean salad we've eaten. And you can't beat it for beautiful colors.
And that dressing!
This yummy salad all comes together with a fresh dressing that kicks up the flavor a few more notches! Salsa, red wine vinegar, cilantro, jalapeno, and some seasonings combine to create a yummy, no-fat dressing. You get a lot of crunch in this salad too. It's a great blend of textures, colors, nutrients and flavors! What are you waiting for?
You may also enjoy these other tasty recipes:
Don't forget to pin this recipe for later! You can also follow us on Pinterest here!
Tried this recipe and loved it? Comment and Rate it! Also send us a picture, WE WANT TO SEE!
- 1 (15 ounce) can white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup fresh red pepper, diced
- 1 cup fresh yellow pepper, diced
- 1 cup fresh green pepper, diced
- ½ cup green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 ½ cups fresh tomato, chopped
- For Dressing
- ¾ cup salsa
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 fresh jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Combine white and black beans and chopped tomato in a large bowl.
- Add red, yellow and green peppers, and sliced green onions; stir gently.
- Combine salsa, vinegar, cilantro, jalapeno, salt and pepper in a small bowl; stir.
- Pour over bean mixture and toss gently.
- Line a large serving bowl or platter with shredded lettuce; top with bean mixture.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 87Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 382mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 4gSugar: 3gProtein: 4g
Share it on Instagram and tag us and tag #infinetasterecipes so we can see it!