This post may contain affiliate links. We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. Please know, we only share products we love!
With fall quickly approaching, I figured it was about time to bust out my skinny turkey chili recipe and this turkey chili recipe is a staple in my house, not only in fall, but also year-round! I love how rich and hearty chili tastes, especially when it doesn’t have a ton of extra calories! This recipe is packed with protein, fiber, and lots of veggies!
Don’t let the ground turkey scare you off
I’ve had a few friends say to me, “Ground turkey? Is that good?”
Okay here’s the deal with ground turkey. Turkey does not have a super strong flavor and it’s not as flavorful as say ground beef. The beauty of this is that the turkey really takes on the flavor of the other ingredients it’s cooked with.
So don’t be afraid of the ground turkey, it’s lean, full of protein, and I honestly don’t think you’ll notice the difference between ground turkey and ground beef in this skinny turkey chili recipe!
This is my go-to pot for just about everything, including when I make this chili!
Can I freeze this Skinny Turkey Chili?
You better believe it! If you end up with too much chili that you cannot eat fast enough, throw it in the freezer! Here’s a couple different ways you can freeze it:
Paper Cup Method:
Take the chili and ladle it into large paper cups so you have individual portions. Freeze the chili in the cups. Then you can tear off the paper cups and place all the frozen individual portions in a large freezer bag.
Freezer Bag Method:
Cool your chili completely and place into a gallon freezer bag and freeze. Then in the future you can put the frozen chili in your crockpot for an easy meal!
Portion your chili into Tupperware containers with individual portions and pop them in the freezers. Then anytime you need a quick meal or need to take lunch with you to work, grab a container out of the freezer!
Can I make this in my instant pot or electric pressure cooker?
Of course! Turn your instant pot or electric pressure cooker onto sauté mode and cook your ground turkey. Add in your remaining ingredients and set it to “Soup” mode. Then just give it a thorough stir so that everything is thoroughly combined.
Try these other healthy and delicious recipes:
- Coconut Corn Chowder
- Sheet Pan Sweet Potato Hash
- Philly Cheeseteak Stuffed Peppers (Low Carb!)
- Superfood Kale Salad
Don't forget to pin this recipe for later! You can also follow us on Pinterest here!
Tried this recipe and loved it? Comment and Rate it! Also send us a picture, WE WANT TO SEE!
- 1 pound ground turkey (can substitute ground beef if you prefer)
- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium bell pepper
- 1-14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes (1 ¾ cups)
- 1-15.5 ounce can kidney beans , drained (1 ¾ cups)
- 1-16 ounce can fat free refried beans (1 ¾ cups)
- 1-8 ounce can tomato sauce (¾ cup + 2 tablespoons)
- 1-4 ounce can diced green chiles (½ cup)
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning or 1 envelope of taco seasoning
- Sour Cream (or Plain Greek yogurt for a lighter alternative)
- Tortilla chips
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, brown ground turkey, breaking it up into small chunks as it cooks. When the meat is about halfway cooked add in diced onions and bell peppers and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the remaining ingredients. Stir ingredients together, bring mixture to a boil for 3 minutes then reduce heat, and simmer for 15-20 minutes. Serve and tops with your favorite toppings.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 247Total Fat: 8gCarbohydrates: 24gNet Carbohydrates: 8gFiber: 10gSugar: 4gProtein: 18g
Share it on Instagram and tag us and tag #infinetasterecipes so we can see it!
originally published September 17, 2018