This Taco Tuesday skip the store bought taco seasoning packet and make your own! Its super easy and you can customize it to your flavor preferences.
Taco seasoning is a unique blend of flavors that will complement just about any meat or even vegetables! Not to mention, you can make your own for a fraction of the cost of the store bought seasoning packets!
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
Customize your taco seasoning!
- Like it spicy? Add ¼-½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Like it sweet? Add 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Want to mellow out the flavor? Add 1 teaspoon sugar and reduce the black pepper to ½ teaspoon
- Mix all spiced together. The mixture will make about 2 tablespoons of taco seasoning, the same as a packet you would buy from the store. It makes enough to season 1 pound of meat.