This post may contain affiliate links. We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. Please know, we only share products we love!
Chocolate Pecan Pie. Oh my. Rich, fudgy chocolatey bottom, with that toasted brown sugar pecan flavor we all know and love, all in a flaky pie crust! This chocolate pecan pie is like a brownie pecan pie. It has become a staple in my house for thanksgiving, well, and year-round! It’s so easy to make and I really cannot get enough of it!
If you’re looking for a classic pecan pie recipe, look no further than our Brown Sugar Pecan Pie, it is too die for! I think I’m starting to say that too much.
Making this Chocolate Pecan Pie
The Pie Crust
Making this pie is super simple, start by taking your pie crust—you can use a store bought one (we’re not judging) or feel free to try our favorite homemade pie crust recipe —and rolling it out and placing it in your pie dish. Take a fork and prick the pie crust all over so it doesn’t bubble too much.
Making the filling
In a microwave safe bowl you’ll melt your chocolate and butter together until smooth. Then you’ll mix in your eggs and corn syrup. Next add in your brown sugar, flour, salt, and vanilla. Finally add fold in your pecan halves!
Bake it at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes. Reduce your heat to 325 degrees and bake for an additional 35-40 minutes! If you see that your crust is starting to get a little too brown, pull your pie out and cover it with aluminum foil and then return it to the oven.
Can I make this chocolate pecan pie gluten-free?
Yes! Making this pie gluten-free is super easy. These days gluten free pie crust are everywhere! But if you want to make a homemade gluten free crust, try this one out from my friend over at Fearless Dining.This recipe hardly has any flour in it to start so it’s super easy to swap the two tablespoons of flour for a gluten free 1:1 flour!
How to serve this chocolate pecan pie
I prefer this pie after it’s cooled it room temperature. And this pie is AMAZING with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and some freshly whipped cream!
Try out these other pie recipes!
Don't forget to pin this recipe for later! You can also follow us on Pinterest here!
Tried this recipe and loved it? Comment and Rate it! Also send us a picture, WE WANT TO SEE!
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 3 eggs, beaten
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups pecan halves
- 1 unbaked pie crust (homemade or store bought)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Roll pie crust out and place in pie crust, prick crust with a fork to prevent air bubbles. Set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl melt butter and unsweetened chocolate together. Stir in beaten eggs and corn syrup.
- Add in the remaining ingredients—brown sugar, flour, vanilla, and salt. Fold in pecan halves. Pour into unbaked pie crust. Use a fork or your fingers to flip the pecans all rounded side up. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Bake 35-40 minutes. If crust starts to brown too much cover in foil.
- Cool completely before serving. Try serving it with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 442Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 62mgSodium: 295mgCarbohydrates: 56gFiber: 3gSugar: 40gProtein: 5g
Share it on Instagram and tag us and tag #infinetasterecipes so we can see it!
Originally published November 15, 2018