Are you ready for the creamiest yogurt layered with fresh strawberries, blueberries, blackberries and raspberries? Berry yogurt parfait is our go to for breakfast, brunch and even dessert! This is a fruit and yogurt parfait that rivals any you’ve tried before.
It’s true, we love anything with fresh berries. Berries used to be a summertime thing; these days it seems we can get a fairly good deal on berries year ‘round.
To start, we like the thickness and added nutrition of Greek yogurt. Choose plain yogurt, and we’ll add a few touches to bring out the flavor and texture.
The berries are your choice. You can make it patriotic with blueberries, raspberries and/or strawberries. You can choose a single favorite berry, or you can make it our favorite way with a mix of berries. Frozen berries would also work in this recipe. Today, we’re using four types of fresh berries.
How to make the creamy yogurt
We start by whipping a small amount of fresh whipping cream with vanilla. This is our secret weapon. By folding the whipped cream into the yogurt, we’ve got a creamy, fluffy base for this delicious parfait.
Next, pour the yogurt mixture in a medium size, wide bowl. Sprinkle brown sugar over the surface of the yogurt and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes to allow sugar to sink in. You’ll have swirls of brown sugar atop the yogurt. Do not mix it together.
We like to leave the berries whole, except for the strawberries which we slice or dice.
How to make a yogurt parfait
- To make individual parfaits, we start by adding about 2 Tablespoons granola at the bottom of the parfait cups. We love the added crunch the granola offers.
- Next we carefully spoon about 3 Tablespoons of yogurt mixture atop the granola. Dig a spoon deep into your bowl so you have swirls of sweet and sour in the yogurt.
- Then add berries (either a single color, or mixed berries). You’ll want about ⅓ cup for this layer.
- Repeat with the same amounts of yogurt and berries.
- Finally, you’ll want to garnish with a small dollup of the yogurt mixture and a light sprinkle of granola.
It's so simple! You can make this recipe in a clear bowl with straight sides almost like a berry trifle. You’ll get about six Greek yogurt desserts if you choose to make them in individual cups. Did I say dessert? Actually, this isn’t supposed to be dessert! It ‘s a breakfast, or a brunch recipe, or a snack. OK, it also can be served as dessert!
Whenever you serve them, or whichever berries you use, we hope you’ll love these Greek yogurt parfaits. They’re little cups of deliciousness!
If you like this recipe, we think you'll like these other brunch favorites:
- Fluffy French Toast
- Asparagus Cheese Tart
- Biscuits and Gravy Casserole
- Morning Glory Muffins
- Orange Pull Aparts
Don't forget to pin this recipe for later! You can also follow us on Pinterest here!
Tried this recipe and loved it? Comment and Rate it! Also send us a picture, WE WANT TO SEE!
Yogurt Berry Parfait
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup cream
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups berries (about 1 cup each of blackberries, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries)
- 1 cup granola
- Whip cream and vanilla until soft peaks form, Then, in medium sized mixing bowl, gently fold whipped cream mixture into yogurt.
- Sprinkle brown sugar over surface of yogurt/cream mixture and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes to allow sugar to sink in. You’ll have swirls of brown sugar atop the yogurt. Do not mix.
- Rinse berries and pat dry. Slice strawberries into thin slices.
- To make parfaits, layer a glass with the following: 2 Tablespoons granola 3 Tablespoons yogurt mixture (don’t mix; you’ll have bites of sour and swirls of sweet), ⅓ cup berries, 3 Tablespoons yogurt mixture, ⅓ cup berries. End with a small dollop of yogurt mixture on top and a light sprinkle (about 1 teaspoon) of granola.
Share it on Instagram and tag us and tag #infinetasterecipes so we can see it!
Are you part of our Facebook Page? Follow along with what's new on In Fine Taste, share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, post pictures of what your making, and more! Like our page HERE
Delish! Thank you!