Jalapeño poppers? Yes, please! We love any version of this savory treat. In our Mummy Jalapeño Poppers, cream cheese and cheddar cheese are pepped up with extra spice then scooped into jalapeño halves to create these Halloween mummy treats. Why not add this recipe to your Halloween party line up? Or serve them as a menu item for family dinner during the season!
How to stuff jalapeños
Simply cut your jalapeños in half. Scoop out the membranes and seeds. You can leave the seeds if you want to heat things up a bit as the seeds are spicy.
The filling is a blend of cream cheese, cheddar cheese, Worcestershire sauce, Cajun seasoning, and garlic. Just scoop the filling into your jalapeno halves.
Wrap pastry dough around jalapeños
Once filled, you wind quarter inch pieces of crescent dough (or your favorite pastry dough) around the peppers to mummify them.
How to turn your jalapeños into mummys
Add couple of candy eyes, then bake, and you’ve got a delicious Halloween appetizer, aka Mummy Jalapeño Poppers!
The rest of the year you can still enjoy this holiday treat by simply encasing the stuffed jalapenos in pastry crust. You can leave off the bandages and peering eyes! They are a great appetizer all year round!
We think you'll also enjoy these fun Halloween recipes!
- Halloween Spider Web Cupcakes
- Monster Bash Brownies
- Hocus Pocus Potion Float
- Spooky 5-Minute Fudge
- Halloween Pumpkin Cupcakes
Don't forget to pin this recipe for later! You can also follow us on Pinterest here!
Tried this recipe and loved it? Comment and Rate it! Also send us a picture, WE WANT TO SEE!
Mummy Jalapeno Poppers
- 12 medium-sized jalapeno peppers
- 2 8 ounce packages cream cheese
- ½ cup cheddar cheese grated
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Tony Chacere's Creole seasoning or ¼ teaspoon salt + ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 8 ounce cans crescent roll dough
- 48 candy eyes
- 1 egg
- In a medium size bowl, mix together 2 cheese. Add Worcestershire sauce and seasonings; mix well and set aside.
- Cut jalapeno's down center and remove seeds and membranes. Fill each jalapeno half with 1 tablespoon cheese mixture.
- Open crescent rolls and separate into 4 rectangles (created by sets of triangles.) Cut dough rectangles into thin strips about ¼ - ½ inch wide. Use dough strips to wrap around jalapenos to create mummies. Leave a small space to insert candy eyes.
- Beat egg and brush lightly over dough. Place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 12 minutes or until golden.
Share it on Instagram and tag us and tag #infinetasterecipes so we can see it!
Originally published October 26, 2018.