This simple and easy to make egg drop soup is ready in just a few minutes!
Egg drop soup is the recipe I whip out when I’m in a pinch. Its super easy and is ready in just a few minutes start to finish! I regularly make this soup on a busy weeknight or after church on Sunday—you know when you’re too hungry to wait for anything to actually cook?
Try out this egg drop soup! The one thing I do recommend for this recipe is high quality chicken broth. The higher the quality the chicken broth the richer the flavor of this soup!
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic or substitute ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 eggs beaten
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- Green onions thinly sliced (optional)
- Crushed red pepper optional
- In a large saucepan add chicken broth and heat over medium. When broth is warm remove ¼ cup and mix with cornstarch in a separate bowl until smooth. Add cornstarch slurry back into broth.
- Stir in garlic, ginger, and sesame oil.
- In a separate bowl beat eggs with a whisk.
- Bring soup to a simmer. While whisking quickly, slowly pour eggs into simmering broth, creating thin ribbons of cooked egg in the soup.
- Serve and top with thinly sliced green onions, crushed red pepper (if desired), add salt and pepper to taste.
Calories: 81kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 123mg | Sodium: 908mg | Potassium: 243mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 183IU | Vitamin C: 17mg | Calcium: 35mg | Iron: 1mgShare by Email Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
Tried this recipe? Leave a review below, then take a picture and tag us @InFineTaste on Instagram so we can see!
Leave a Reply