I loved Jell-O as a child. Now, as an adult, I make it once a year -- for the holidays! Cranberry Mousse Salad is a favorite Jell-O Salad that's perfect for Thanksgiving or Christmas. This cranberry jello salad recipe is bright and festive. And you've got to love the creamy texture along with the crunch of fresh cranberries.
Sweet and Tart!
This holiday jello salad really is the best jello salad. It's fairly sweet due to the orange juice, raspberry Jell-O, and cranberry sauce, but SURPRISE -- it's also tart courtesy of those fresh cranberries! As the gelatin and other ingredients set, they separate a bit all on their own. You get a lovely layered look where the cream rises to the top, and the gelatin sinks. If you use a mold, once you invert the salad on a platter you get the jewel-toned raspberry gelatin on top and the creamy layer below. Fun!
How to make cranberry mousse salad
Directions for this "salad" are simple. Just be patient at the end and allow a few hours for setting up. To make cranberry mousse salad, combine half the orange juice, cranberry sauce and Jell-O in a sauce pan and cook until the gelatin completely dissolves.
- Fresh Cranberries!
Then remove from heat and add the chopped fresh cranberries and remainder of the orange juice. Refrigerate until this partially sets.
- Fresh whipping cream!
Meanwhile, beat your fresh whipping cream until soft peaks form.
- Gently folding ...
Next, gently fold the whipping cream into the partially set gelatin until everything is combined. Take care to retain as much air as possible in the whipped cream.
- Pouring into a mold
Pour into a ring mold or in a serving bowl. Let this set 4-6 hours or over night. If you use a mold, you can loosen the gelatin by placing the sealed mold in warm water for about 15 seconds. Then invert on a platter.
Garnish the cranberry mousse any way you'd like--mint leaves, cranberries, etc. Keep the jello salad refrigerated until you're ready to serve.
Cranberry Mousse Salad is a throw-back to the Jell-O salads of days gone by. No matter, we love it anyway! We think you will to.
Try some of our other Thanksgiving favorites!
Don't forget to pin this recipe for later! You can also follow us on Pinterest here!
Tried this recipe and loved it? Comment and Rate it! Also send us a picture, WE WANT TO SEE!
Cranberry Mousse Salad
A pretty cranberry jello salad with sweet-tart flavor and creamy texture.Print Rate
- 2 ½ cups orange juice
- 1 15 ounce can whole cranberry sauce
- 1 6 ounce package raspberry flavored gelatin
- 1 ½ cups whipping cream
- 1 cup fresh cranberries finely chopped
- In a saucepan combine 1 ¼ cups of orange juice, raspberry gelatin and cranberry sauce. Cook and stir over medium heat until gelatin completely dissolves.Remove from heat and add the remaining orange juice.
- Chop fresh cranberries until fine, then add to the gelatin. Pour into a bowl and chill until partially set.
- Beat whipping cream until soft peaks form. Gently fold into gelatin mixture.
- Pour into a ring mold or serving bowl and refrigerate for about 6 hours or over night. (You can make this one day ahead.)
- To remove from mold, place sealed mold in warm water for 15-20 seconds. Loosen edges and invert onto serving. plate. Garnish as desired.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 125kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 25mg | Sodium: 8mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 10gShare by Email Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
Tried this recipe? Leave a review below, then take a picture and tag us @InFineTaste on Instagram so we can see!
Share it on Instagram and tag us and tag #infinetasterecipes so we can see it!
Are you part of our Facebook Page? Follow along with what's new on In Fine Taste, share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, post pictures of what your making, and more! Like our page HERE
Leave a Reply