Everyone loves Holiday Harvest Spread! The combination of sweet, salty, spicy, creamy and crunchy, makes the best party appetizer! It’s a great served with all different kinds of crackers. First of all, the colors are holiday tones-- we think it's just plain pretty. We call it “Harvest Spread” during the autumn months and “Holiday Spread” around Christmas time!
Easy holiday appetizer
This recipe was originally served years ago by my friend Karen Holland and it’s been a favorite among my friends and family ever since. An easy appetizer, it's similar to a cheese ball. For Christmas, New Year and Thanksgiving festivities and any fall gathering, you can’t go wrong with the bright flavors and jeweled colors. So quick to put together, it's a holiday appetizer with a great "wow" factor!
The variation in taste from the sweet coconut and apricot jam, to the sweet-tart cranberries, zippy onions and toasty pecans, creates a magical flavor blend with the cream and cheddar cheeses. All you need is a little grating, some mixing, a bit of toasting, minimal chopping and then layering it all together. What a spectacular grande finale!
How long will a cheese ball last in the refrigerator?
Cheese balls and other cheese ball-type holiday appetizers with cream cheese in them, will generally keep 1-2 weeks in the refrigerator. They will generally last as long as their most perishable ingredient. Our holiday harvest spread will stay good in the refrigerator 3-4 days because it has fresh green onion and plumped dried cranberries in it.
What variations can I use in this appetizer?
You can vary the recipe if you like, adding more or less of any ingredient. Try almonds or other nuts. How about some different cheeses? Maybe garlic or olives? Almost any way you make it will be a hit. Put it on your holiday appetizer list -- you'll be glad you did.
Don't forget to pin this recipe for later! You can also follow us on Pinterest here!
Tried this recipe and loved it? Comment and Rate it! Also send us a picture, WE WANT TO SEE!
Holiday Harvest Spread
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese grated
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup apricot preserves or jam
- 5 green onions sliced (green parts only)
- 1 cup toasted pecans chopped
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Combine cream cheese, grated cheese and coconut and beat until well mixed.
- Slice green onions finely (just the green parts.) Chop pecans and toast in a pan at 400 degrees for about 8 minutes until fragrant but not burned. Place dried cranberries in a bowl, pour 1 cup water over them and microwave one minute. Drain off water and let cranberries cool.
- Spread cheese mixture on a platter. Top the cheese mixture with the following ingredient in order: apricot preserves, sliced green onions, toasted pecans, and dried cranberries. Serve with crackers.
Share it on Instagram and tag us and tag #infinetasterecipes so we can see it!
Are you part of our Facebook Page? Follow along with what's new on In Fine Taste, share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, post pictures of what your making, and more! Like our page HERE
Try out some of our other holiday recipes!
originally posted October 27, 2018
Leave a Reply