Caprese Tortellini Skewers -- fresh Buffalo Mozzarella, grape tomatoes, basil, and cheese tortellini threaded on skewers are a delicious appetizer/salad for your next meal or gathering! I first made these little kabobs with my friend Kayla, who always has great ideas for dinners and parties!
Salad on a stick
With tomatoes readily available, it's always the perfect time to make and serve these easy little salads on a stick!
Great appetizers for a party
Antipasto skewers are fun and a good caprese salad is always popular. Caprese skewers make easy party appetizers. They're delicious, and they make great finger food.
Easy and healthy!
Caprese Tortellini skewers are fast to assemble and so yummy drizzled with a balsamic vinegar glaze. A healthy keto appetizer idea, their bright colors scream "Eat me! I'm healthy!" And they can fit into your menu plan just about anywhere! Salad? Appetizer? Lunch? Dinner? Brunch? They're all good times to pull out this quick recipe for an individual caprese pasta salad.
What kind of mozzarella?
The fresh ingredients make this appetizer shine. Buffalo Mozzarella often comes in a pre-sliced log which is easy to quarter to make chunks.We purchased this Buffalo Mozzarella in the deli section at Sam's Club. Each slice is one ounce--cut each slice in a quarter and you'll have exactly half an ounce of cheese per skewer.
Great appetizer all year
The colors of this yummy caprese skewers appetizer are right on point anytime of year. Fourth of July and summer barbecues -- we love them with fresh summer tomatoes. We love them equally during the winter for their holiday colors. Honestly they're just right for any season!
We think you might like these other fresh recipes too!
- Watermelon Basil Feta Salad
- Cherry Salad with Gorgonzola and Toasted Almonds
- Pineapple Basil Salad
- asparagus cheese tart
- Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers
Don't forget to pin this recipe for later! You can also follow us on Pinterest here!
Tried this recipe and loved it? Comment and Rate it! Also send us a picture, WE WANT TO SEE!
Caprese & Tortellini Skewers
- 48 grape tomatoes
- 48 basil leaves
- 24 cheese tortellinis
- 12 ounces Buffalo Mozzarella
- Balsamic Vinegar glaze
- 24 medium length bamboo skewers
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Rinse and cool.
- Wash tomatoes and basil leaves. Pat dry. Cut Mozzarella into slices, then quarters to create 24 chunks.
- Thread 2 tomatoes, 2 basil leaves, 2 Mozzarella chunks and 1 tortellini alternately on each skewer. Fold basil leaves in half and place next to tomatoes.
- Drizzle balsamic vinegar glaze over the skewers or place in a separate serving bowl.
Share it on Instagram and tag us and tag #infinetasterecipes so we can see it!
Originally published December 15, 2018