For summer barbecues, holiday appetizers and Super Bowl, we've got you covered with an all-time favorite party appetizer. You’ll love these easy bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers. Obvi, almost everyone loves anything with bacon. These are straight up delish!
Whether your group is large or small, this recipe is a real crowd pleaser! This stuffed jalapeno poppers recipe is baked, not fried. It is, perhaps, a bit more healthy. But then this is a bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers recipe, so maybe not!
How to make bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers in the oven
Make the cheese filling
Make a simple blend of cheddar cheese and cream cheese. Then add some herbs and spices.
Slice the jalapeños and fill
Next, cut your jalapenos in half lengthwise, scoop out the insides. Then spoon some cheese filling into the jalapeños. Finally wrap them with bacon.
How to wrap the bacon
Cut each of the 12 slices of bacon in half. I’ve tried wrapping the bacon several ways. If you cut it crosswise, using a toothpick is a must after wrapping to secure the bacon. If you cut the bacon lengthwise, you have a long strand to wrap around the jalapeno and it stays in place much easier without a toothpick. Your choice!
Before baking, squirt a little barbecue sauce over your wrapped jalapeno to give it extra flavor. We especially like Sweet Baby Ray's barbecue sauce. It has the perfect taste to complement the poppers. Mmmmmmm! These grilled bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers are the best appetizers!
Serve these jalapeno appetizers warm. That's when they're the best. The recipe makes 24 jalapeno poppers, but they'll go so fast you might want to make more!
You might like these other yummy appetizers!
- Asparagus Cheese Tart
- Pizza Pull Aparts
- Caprese Tortellini Skewers
- Parmesan Wafers with Honey Pecan Creamy Cheese, Bacon & Green Onions
Don't forget to pin this recipe for later! You can also follow us on Pinterest here!
Tried this recipe and loved it? Comment and Rate it! Also send us a picture, WE WANT TO SEE!
Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers
- 12 large jalapenos try for similar size
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup cheddar cheese grated
- 1 ½ teaspoons garlic and herb seasoning or ½ teaspoon each of garlic, onion powder and salt
- 12 slices thin sliced bacon cut in half LENGTHWISE
- ¼ cup Barbecue sauce we like Sweet Baby Rays—it’s easiest if you have a squirt bottle you can just put a little dollop on each popper
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Cover a sheet pan with aluminum foil; spray it with cooking oil spray.
- Mix together cream cheese, cheddar cheese and seasoning(s). Cut jalapenos in half lengthwise, remove seeds and membranes. Fill each jalapeno with cheese mixture.
- Wrap long strand of bacon around jalapeno. (You can secure with a toothpick but if you cover your ends as you wrap, you won’t need a toothpick.)
- Arrange peppers on the foil lined baking sheet and put a little dollop of barbecue sauce on each one and spread using the back of a spoon or basting brush to coat bacon.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until bacon is crisp but not burned. Serve warm.
Share it on Instagram and tag us and tag #infinetasterecipes so we can see it!
originally published January 29, 2019