This post may contain affiliate links. We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. Please know, we only share products we love!
Try this delicious take on hummus by substituting white beans for the tradition garbanzo beans. This White Bean Hummus recipe makes a delicious dip. Along with the mild flavored beans, the humus features a hint of lemon, with olive oil, garlic, fresh parsley and oregano thrown in.
Before getting started, make sure to drain and rinse the canned beans. Then mince the garlic and squeeze the lemon. You can whip it up in a few short minutes by throwing everything in a food processor and blending until it’s smooth. It’s delicious on pita bread, and a great dip for all kinds of veggies.
Try celery, carrots, grape or cherry tomatoes, snap peas, asparagus, turnips, jicama – you get the idea!
How about nutrients?
White beans, or great northern beans, are filled with protein, iron and potassium. They're also high in fiber, cholesterol free and are a good source of potassium.
When to serve hummus?
White Bean Hummus dip makes a great appetizer for parties, a fresh tasting lunch, or quick snack when you need just a little something. It’s as nutritious as it is delicious. Try it, you’ll like it!
Don't forget to pin this recipe for later! You can also follow us on Pinterest here!
Tried this recipe and loved it? Comment and Rate it! Also send us a picture, WE WANT TO SEE!
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 (15 ounces each) can White Northern Beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons flat leaf (Italian) parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a food processor, whirl together all ingredients until smooth and blended.
- Check for taste and season with additional salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve with assorted fresh vegetables or pita bread.
Serving Size:¼ cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 54Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 106mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g
Share it on Instagram and tag us and tag #infinetasterecipes so we can see it!
You may also like: