This post may contain affiliate links. We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. Please know, we only share products we love!
These roasted chickpea gyros are always a hit with everyone that tries them! The chickpeas, once roasted with seasonings, take on a meaty texture and are delicious paired with crunchy vegetables, hummus and tzatziki.
My husband, prefers meat, so I sometimes will replace the chickpeas with chicken. You just need 1 pound of uncooked chicken—use the same seasoning, olive oil, and the same baking instructions.
Feel free to try some low carb pitas with this recipe if you’re watching your carbs! I also love meal prep these roasted chickpeas. I usually turn it into a salad—lots of vegetables, tzatziki, hummus, chickpeas, and a little piece of pita! The last super well in the fridge for a few days!
Don't forget to pin this recipe for later! You can also follow us on Pinterest here!
Tried this recipe and loved it? Comment and Rate it! Also send us a picture, WE WANT TO SEE!
- Lettuce, thinly sliced
- Cucumbers, thinly sliced
- Red onion, thinly sliced
- Tzatziki (try our homemade recipe)
- Hummus (try our Roasted Red Pepper Hummus recipe)
- 1-15 ounce can of chickpeas/garbanzo beans
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Drain and rinse chickpeas. Toss chickpeas with olive oil and seasonings. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- To assemble your gyros, take a pita—you can either use it like a tortilla or cut in half and fill it like a pocket. Slather insides with tzatziki, hummus, roasted chickpeas, and vegetables of your choice. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 494Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 573mgCarbohydrates: 76gFiber: 19gSugar: 13gProtein: 23g
Share it on Instagram and tag us and tag #infinetasterecipes so we can see it!