Today we’ve got Pumpkin Coffee Cake with a streusel topping. Call me basic but I love pumpkin, especially in my baked goods! You’ll fall in love (pun intended) with this pumpkin coffee cake! It is super moist, has a crisp oaty streusel, and a light and sweet glaze. This recipe super simple to make and looks so pretty!
How to Make it:
The Coffee Cake Batter
One thing I love about this recipe is it’s simplicity. Start by mixing together your dry ingredients in one bowl. Then whisk together your wet ingredients until smooth, and then bring together the two and you’ve got your cake batter.
The Streusel Topping: Why does the butter have to be cold?
One essential thing you need to have when making a streusel is cold butter. It can be tempting to just microwave the butter and mix all the streusel ingredients together and call it good. DO. NOT. DO. IT.
Part of what makes streusel so good is it’s crunchy, rugged texture. If you just melted the butter and mixed all the streusel ingredients together you would get a smooth dough, like a cookie dough. But that’s not what we want, we want that signature crumbly streusel texture and the only way to do that is to use cold butter!
Now, how you cut the butter into your flour can be done in a few different ways, you can use a pastry cutter, two knives, or even a food processor. Just cut that cold butter into your flour until you’ve got a crumbly mixture before adding the rest of the streusel
Can I turn this recipe into muffins?
ABSOLUTELY! You will want to reduce the bake time and pull them out of the oven when an inserted toothpick comes out clean, it may have a few moist crumbs on it, and that’s good! I would start with about 15 minutes and then add time from there.
If anyone calls you basic, who cares, you’ve got pumpkin coffee cake with streusel and they’ve got nothing! So eat, enjoy, and bake all things pumpkin.
Don’t forget to pin this recipe for later! You can also follow us on Pinterest here!
Tried this recipe and loved it? Comment and Rate it! Also send us a picture, WE WANT TO SEE!
- ¼ cup butter, cold
- 5 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup flour
- ¼ cup old fashioned oats
- 1 ¾ cups canned pumpkin (1-15 ounce can)
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 ¼ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 cups flour, measured correctly
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Mix together flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and pumpkin pie spice—set aside. Whisk together pumpkin, oil, vanilla, sugars, and eggs for 2 minutes until smooth. Add in dry ingredients until just incorporated—do not over mix. Pour into a greased 9” round pan.
- Take the cold butter and either using knives or a pastry cutter cut cold butter into the flour until you have a crumbly, mealy texture. Then mix in sugar, salt, oats, and cinnamon. Sprinkle over top of cake batter. Bake for 37-42 minutes.
- Cool cake and then prepare the glaze. Whisk together powdered sugar and milk, drizzle over top of cake. Slice and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 367Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 380mgCarbohydrates: 56gFiber: 2gSugar: 33gProtein: 4g
Share it on Instagram and tag us and tag #infinetasterecipes so we can see it!
You May Also Like These Other Fun Fall Foods!
originally posted October 17, 2018