These easy pressed almond sugar cookies will be your new best friend! Need something fast, but pretty? Here's your answer! Pressed almond sugar cookies melt in your mouth, but require little effort. You don't need to refrigerate the dough, and you don't have to roll it out. Perfect for Valentine's Day, baby showers, and everything else, just color your frosting and these cookies will fit any occasion!
Sizing the cookies
We like to make almond sugar cookies small (20 on a half sheet pan), because they're so cute. But you can make them any size you'd like! They're just the right size for a tea party, or any event where you're serving a variety of treats.
No roll sugar cookies!
Instead of rolling out the dough, we just scoop it (you can also roll rounded teaspoon-full balls of dough) onto a cookie sheet. Next, lightly butter the bottom of a glass, dip it in sugar and smash dough balls to about ¼-inch. That's it! Bake at 400 degrees for 7-8 minutes, then let them cool. The grand finale is a swirl of buttercream frosting.
Swirls of buttercream frosting
Vanilla and almond extracts are featured in the buttercream frosting recipe. We put both flavors in the dough and in the buttercream. It's delicious! If you aren't up for almond, you can always substitute additional vanilla extract for the almond. They are great either way. But, we think the almond makes them extra special! You can frost with a table knife or pipe a little frosting flourish with a pastry bag and tip.
Try out these other yummy desserts:
Don't forget to pin this recipe for later! You can also follow us on Pinterest here!
Tried this recipe and loved it? Comment and Rate it! Also send us a picture, WE WANT TO SEE!
Pressed Almond Sugar Cookies
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
For buttercream frosting
- ½ cup solid vegetable shortening
- ½ cup 1 cube butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 4- cups sifted confectioner’s powdered sugar
- ¼ cup milk
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. In a large mixing bowl combine all cookie ingredients. Beat at medium speed until cream. Scrape bowl as you go.
- Use a cookie scoop to drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls two-inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. (You can also roll the same size dough balls by hand.)
- Flatten balls to ¼-inch thickness ith bottom of a buttered glass dipped in sugar. Bake 7-8 minutes or until edges of cookies are barely golden.
- Cool cookies then frost with a swirl of almond buttercream frosting.
For Buttercream Frosting
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and butter with electric mixer. Add vanilla & almond.
- Gradually add sugar, one cup at a time, beating well on medium speed. Scrape sides and bottom of bowl often.
- When all sugar has been mixed in, icing will appear dry. Add milk and beat at medium speed until light and fluffy. Keep bowl covered with a damp cloth until ready to use.
Share it on Instagram and tag us and tag #infinetasterecipes so we can see it!