What's better on a hot summer day than cold juicy watermelon?! It's one of the most refreshing things around and it's all natural! Watermelon in the summer are fairly economical too. You buy this big green melon, then you lug it home. Hopefully, there's room in your refrigerator for it, because watermelon is best good and cold!
Wash the watermelon?
And next comes the tricky part -- cutting the watermelon. Today we're going to teach you how to cut up a watermelon. The first thing we like to do it wash the melon. Just stick it in the sink and rub a bit of dish soap over the surface, then rinse it.
Think about where that melon has been sitting. Think about how many hands may have touched it. Your knife will run from that dirty outside onto your clean, ready-to-eat melon. Yes, you want to wash it!
Tips on cutting watermelon
There are lots of ways to cut up a watermelon. We're going to share one way that works well for us:
1. First, cut the watermelon in half cross-wise.
2. Turn the watermelon cut side down on a cutting board and make one-inch slices across it.
3. Next, make one-inch slices across the watermelon in the other direction.
4. Separate the slices.
5. Now you have what we call "watermelon sticks." You can stop here if you want, this is a great way to serve watermelon. It's easy to eat in these long, narrow pieces, and you have something to hold on to.
6. If you'd like to go on to cubes or chunks, go ahead and slice the bottom off each piece and cut into one-inch cubes.
And that's all! Now you know one of our favorite kitchen tricks. Try it and let us know what you think.
You Might Also Enjoy these other Easy Tips and Recipes!
- Watermelon Basil Feta Salad
- How to Slice Pineapple
- Pineapple Basil Salad
- How to Segment a Grapefruit (other citrus fruits)
- watermelon salts
Don't forget to pin this recipe for later! You can also follow us on Pinterest here!
Tried this recipe and loved it? Comment and Rate it! Also send us a picture, WE WANT TO SEE!
How to Cut up a Watermelon
- One whole watermelon
- Cut the watermelon in half cross-wise.
- Turn the watermelon cut side down on a cutting board and make one-inch slices across it.
- Next, make one-inch slices across the watermelon in the other direction.
- Separate the slices.
- his is a great way to serve watermelon. It's easy to eat in these long, narrow pieces, and you have something to hold on to.
- If you'd like chunks, go ahead and slice the bottom off each piece and cut into one-inch cubes.
Share it on Instagram and tag us and tag #infinetasterecipes so we can see it!
Are you part of our Facebook Page? Follow along with what's new on In Fine Taste, share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, post pictures of what your making, and more! Like our page HERE
originally posted August 24, 2018
Leave a Reply