This post may contain affiliate links. We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. Please know, we only share products we love!
Summer is in full swing. You can easily grab that summer taste by serving this refreshing Watermelon, Basil and Feta Salad. The combination is a contrast in flavors and textures and it's just plain hard to beat!
The watermelon is sweet, cold and juicy. The soft feta adds salt and a slight tang. Next the basil brings a sweet and savory, peppery and somewhat minty touch.
How to Cut Up a Watermelon and Cut Basil Ribbons
Balsamic Vinegar Glaze
The balsamic glaze is the grand finale for this delicious salad. We like Trader Joe’s “Trader Giotto’s Balsamic Glaze.” It’s sweet and tangy and really adds punch to this salad! You can squeeze the balsamic glaze right out of the bottle to get just the right drizzle. As if this salad needed any more flavor, the balsamic glaze really takes it to the next level with it's intense notes.
This salad is great to serve for brunch, a barbecue or just about any event. When I serve it at home, it's one of the first things to go. And it adds such beautiful colors to your table. It's also an easy salad to take along to a friend or relative's home.
We love this dish as a salad, appetizer or even entrée. What’s better than cold watermelon for lunch on a hot day?! Try these additions for a variation on this new classic: lime, mint leaves, cilantro, olives, red onion, green onions, salt and pepper or salt and pepper blends. All delightful!
You Might Also Enjoy these other Warm Weather Recipes!
- Watermelon Salts
- Tomato Basil Tart
- Fresh Peach Slush
- Cherry Salad with Gorgonzola and Toasted Almonds
- Pineapple Basil Salad
Don't forget to pin this recipe for later! You can also follow us on Pinterest here!
Tried this recipe and loved it? Comment and Rate it! Also send us a picture, WE WANT TO SEE!
- ½ seedless watermelon
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup basil leaves (about 10)
- 2-4 tablespoons balsamic glaze
1. Cut the watermelon into one-inch cubes (for an easy way to cut up watermelon see http://infinetaste.com/how-to-cut-up-a-watermelon/
2. Cut the basil leaves cut into chffonade ribbons (for a simple method to cut basil, see http://infinetaste.com/how-to-cut-basil-ribbons-chiffonade/
3. In a large bowl or platter, arrange watermelon.
4. Dust the crumbled feta cheese over the watermelon.
5. Sprinkle basil ribbons over entire dish.
6. Gently drizzle balsamic glaze over the salad in neat criss-cross lines.
7. Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 51Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 106mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 0gSugar: 5gProtein: 2g
Share it on Instagram and tag us and tag #infinetasterecipes so we can see it!
Originally posted August 24, 2018