This post may contain affiliate links. We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. Please know, we only share products we love!
What kind of pan should I use?
Fit pastry in a tart pan
Oh that filling!
How do you chiffonade basil?
The key to our fresh tomato basil tart recipe is that fresh basil. You chiffonade the basil (see post how to chiffonade basil) before scattering the thin strands atop the cheese. Sprinkle some Parmesan across the tart to finish off this savory treat. Next pop the tart in the oven.
Finish with more basil
Just add a few more basil strands when it comes out of the oven and you’re ready to go. Your guests will "oooh" and "ahhh!" It's pretty, and the taste is divine. Only you will know how easy it was to create. Try it for your next brunch, or when you need to bring an appetizer to a party or BBQ. You're gonna love it!
Try some of our other favorite brunch recipes:
- Orange Pull Aparts
- The Perfect Banana Bread
- Morning Glory Muffins
- Cherry Cream Cheese Braid
- Lemon Tarragon Pasta Salad
- Cranberry Almond Baked French Toast
Don't forget to pin this recipe for later! You can also follow us on Pinterest here!
Tried this recipe and loved it? Comment and Rate it! Also send us a picture, WE WANT TO SEE!
- 1 Package refrigerator pie crust (or your favorite single pie crust recipe)
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 3 Tablespoons fresh basil leaves, cut into chiffonade
- 3 medium sized fresh tomatoes, cut into ¼ - ½ inch slices
- 1 ½ Tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Fit pie crust into 10-inch tart pan; trim along edge.
- Generously prick bottom and sides of pastry with fork.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly over pastry shell.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons basil over cheese. Learn here how to cut basil into chiffonade strips.
- Arrange tomato slices on top.
- Brush tomatoes with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place on a baking sheet on lowest oven rack.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 25-30 minutes, or until crust is golden.
- Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle with remaining basil.
- Let cool about 10 minutes before cutting into wedge sized pieces.
Serving Size:1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 194Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 14mgSodium: 305mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 7g
Share it on Instagram and tag us and tag #infinetasterecipes so we can see it!
Originally published December 1, 2018