If you know us, or maybe if you don’t, you probably already know we LOVE Disneyland. We’ve been annual passholders for nearly 15 years! And with Alyssa now living close to the parks it is so easy for us to pop over for a quick visit. It’s no secret we are total foodies, especially Disneyland foodies, but sometimes when hit up the Happiest Place on Earth we’re not looking to indulge, and with summer right around the corner we’re trying our best to be healthy! So we thought today we’d share with you our HEALTHY AND LIGHT FOOD GUIDE TO DISNEYLAND!
We know it’s hard to eat resist the smell of churros, popcorn, and fresh waffle cones when the fragrances are coming at you from every direction. Luckily you’ll find fruit stands with tubs of ice and lots of healthy snack options all over the park!
- There is so much fresh fruit available at these stands! Our favorite is the mangos with a slice of lime and tajin
- Pickles--spicy and dill flavors
- Freeze dried apple slices
- Babybel cheese
- fresh vegetables
Niçoise salad from Café Orleans (New Orleans Square, Disneyland). This salad has Seared Ahi Tuna with Spring Mix, Heirloom Tomato, Roasted Potatoes, Asparagus, Olives, Hard Boiled Egg and fresh Herb Vinaigrette
Meat and vegetable skewers from Bengal Barbecue (Adventureland in Disneyland) And Paradise Grill (Pixar Pier in California Adventure). Low in calories, carbs, and fats!
Turkey Leg—Not exactly low calorie, but low in carbs and super filling for all you guys out there following a low carb or keto diet.
Make the meals work for You!
Sometimes you’ve got to tweak the meals to make them work for your health goals! So we’ve got a couple tips for you on how to do this:
- When ordering a salad, ask for the dressing, and any heavy high calorie toppings on the side, then you can control how much you actually add to your salad
- Turn your salad into an entrée, if the salad doesn’t come with an meat or protein option, ask them to add a lean meat like chicken to your salad to amp up the protein and keep you full!
- Swap your sides! If fries or creamy mashed potatoes are the side included with your meal, ask if you can substitute for a side salad or steamed vegetables
- Go bunless! Burgers are everywhere at theme parks, ask if they can make yours protein-style and wrap it in lettuce!
Vegan & Vegetarian Options
All of the restaurants at Disneyland and California Adventure are going to have at least one vegetarian option, but we’ll highlight a few vegan options for you!
- Grilled vegetable and tofu skewers over at Paradise Grill (Pixar Pier in California Adventure)
- Vegan “Pulled Pork” sandwich made with jackfruit at Smoke Jumpers Grill (California Adventure next to Soarin’ Over the World)
- Vegan Bean burger from Carnation Cafe (Main Street, Disneyland)
Lighter Sweet Treats
We love our treats and know that sometimes you just HAVE to have one! So here are a couple of lighter sweet treats that are available around the park!
Frozen Chocolate Covered Banana
You can find this at an of the frozen treat/ice cream carts located all over the park!
Look at the calories on the banana?! You can totally work that into your calorie budget for the day!
Calories 205 – Sugars 17g – carbs 28g – fat 17g – protein 3g
Dark Chocolate Covered pineapple
Still indulgent but a lighter alternative to so many other indulgent treats out there. You can find these at Pooh Corner (Critter Country, Disneyland), Candy Palace (Main Street, Disneyland), Trolley Treats (Buena Vista Street, California Adventure)
No Sugar Added Butter Pecan Ice Cream
For ½ cup of ice cream here’s what you get:
Calories 120 – Sugars 3g – carbs 16g (11 net carbs) – fat 5g – protein 3g
over at Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlor (Main Street, Disneyland) and Clarabelle’s Hand-scooped Ice Cream (Buena Vista Street, California Adventure)
Bring Your Own Snacks
Of course, this one is obvious, and not really a part of the “Food Guide” to Disneyland, but if you have dietary restrictions and are nervous about what you can eat in the park, Disney Parks always allow you to bring in your own food and drinks!
Download the Disneyland App!
If you want to plan ahead, download the Disneyland App, you can see all of the restaurant menus and snack cart offerings from all over the parks!
Dianna & Alyssa
Leave a Reply