I can’t believe it’s almost Easter! This year is flying by, it’s going to be summer before we know it. These Easter rice krispie treats are a super easy and fun Easter treat you can make with your kids (or even if you don’t!) in an afternoon.
The rice krispie treat recipe was adapted from my all time favorite Ooey Gooey Rice Krispie Treats (the very best, soft and buttery rice krispie treats!). These rice krispie treats are super soft and have so much marshmallow in them!
Cut them out with Cookie Cutters
One tip for cutting out these out is to use your hands to really press down on the rice krispie treats before cutting them out with cookie cutters! This will help keep the treats together after taking them out of the cookie cutter. Because these treats are so soft they may want to fall apart, but just push them back together. After you add some chocolate decoration to them they won’t be so fragile.
Coat them in Chocolate!
I used candy melts to decorate these. They are available in all sorts of colors and flavors! I find them easier to use than regular white chocolate.
You’ll want to melt them down in small mounds because the chocolate hardens quickly. Spoon the chocolate into a little sandwich bag or a piping bag and snip a tiny hole in the corner. This actually makes it much easier and neater to decorate than using a knife. It also allows you to drizzle the chocolate if you want.
Add your Decorations to your Rice Krispie Treats!
After getting your chocolate layer on you’ll want to quickly add any additional decorations like sprinkles, dyed shredded coconut etc. before your chocolate coating hardens. Then you’ll have yourself a perfectly adorable Easter treat!
Don't forget to pin this recipe for later! You can also follow us on Pinterest here!
Tried this recipe and loved it? Comment and Rate it! Also send us a picture, WE WANT TO SEE!
Easter Rice Krispie Treats
- 1-10 ounce bags mini marshmallows divided (about 6 cups)
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 6 ½ cups box Rice Krispies cereal
- 1-7 ounce containers of marshmallow cream about 1 ¼ cups
- Candy melts in colors and flavors of choice.
- Sprinkles optional
- Shredded coconut optional
Rice Krispie Treats
- In a microwave safe bowl melt butter and 4 ½ cups mini marshamallows together in 20 second increments, stirring inbetween. Once completely melted and combined add in salt and vanilla. Then add in cereal and stir until completely coated.
- Mix in marshmallow cream. Once marshmallow cream is completely incorporated, stir in the reserved 1 ½ cups mini marshmallows.
- Line a 9x13 pan with parchment paper or foil and spray with cooking spray. Pour all of the mixture into the 9x13 pan. Grease your hands and really push down on the rice krispie treats so they are compact and evenly distributed across the pan.
- Let cool then take your cookie cutters and punch out your desired shapes.
- In a microwave safe bowl add small amount of desired candy melts. Microwave in 15 second increments, stirring in between. Once smooth and melted, load into a plastic bag or piping bag. If using a plastic bag or disposable piping bag, snip a tiny hole in the tip.
- Pipe your decorations on to your rice krispie treats, immediately add any desired decorations like sprinkles or shredded coconut. Chill until chocolate hardens.
Share it on Instagram and tag us and tag #infinetasterecipes so we can see it!