Rice krispie treats are one of my go-to treats for sharing! These are the PERFECT rice krispie treats! They’re super soft and buttery and honestly, is there anything better than a soft, gooey, buttery rice krispie treat? And on the flipside, is there anything worse than a hard, cut-up-the-roof-of-your-mouth (you know what I’m talking about), flavorless rice krispie treat?Music courtesy of www.bensound.com/
Rice Krispie Treats with Marshmallow Cream
I love that rice krispie treats don’t require an oven and I’d like to think I’ve perfected the classic rice krispie treat recipe. The secret? Marshmallow cream!
The combination of marshmallows and marshmallow cream make these treats creamy and soft, and they stay soft! And because I love marshmallows, I even added mini marshmallows directly into to the mixture! It takes these rice krispie treats from basic to gourmet rice krispie treats! And whether you spell it as rice krispie treats, rice krispy treats, or rice crispy treats, I guarantee these are the best!
How to make these rice krispie treats with brown butter
Now, if you really want to level up your rice krispie treat game, you can brown the butter on the stove before you start mixing in the marshmallows. If you’ve never browned butter before, don’t worry, we’ve got a whole tutorial and a video for you on How to Brown Butter!
We’ve got a couple tips for you if you decide to brown the butter before using it:
- Don’t add the salt. Don't add the salt called for in this recipe. Browning the butter will add salty flavor and extra salt can make these too salty
- Add 2 extra tablespoons of butter. You lose some moisture when you brown the butter, so adding a little extra butter will keep these buttery and soft!
I love decorating these rice krispie treats for different holidays! On our Easter Rice Krispie treat post, I show you how to cut these treats into cute shapes and to decorate them with colorful candy melts. But you can keep it super simple! Add some sprinkles on top! How cute would these be with some red, white, and blue sprinkles for the 4th of July?!
How long do rice krispie treats need to cool?
These rice krispie treats with marshmallow cream actually cool pretty fast! Because these treats are super soft they’re prone to losing their shape, if you let them cool, they keep their shape better. Mine usually take about 30 minutes on the counter to cool.
How long do rice krispie treats last?
At my house, these rice krispie treats don’t last long at all! But if you have more self-restraint than we do, they’ll stay good at room temperature for about a week. Don’t forget o cover them with plastic to keep them as fresh as possible!
We think you'll also like these other recipes that are perfect for sharing!
- Chocolate Fudge Mint Brownies
- Better-than-Swig Frosted Sugar Cookie Bars
- Lemon Bars w/ Gingersnap Crust
Don't forget to pin this recipe for later! You can also follow us on Pinterest here!
Tried this recipe and loved it? Comment and Rate it! Also send us a picture, WE WANT TO SEE!
Ooey Gooey Rice Krispie Treats
super soft and buttery rice krispie treat.
- 2 10-ounce bags mini marshmallows about 12 cups, divided
- 10 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 12-ounce box Rice Krispies cereal about 12 ½ cups
- 2 7-ounce containers of marshmallow cream about 4 ½ cups
- In a very large saucepan over low heat (see notes for microwave instructions) melt butter completely. Once melted, add in 9 cups of mini marshmallows and coat in butter (make sure you set aside 3 cups for alter). Keep stirring until butter and marshmallows are completely melted, then remove from heat. Stir in salt and vanilla.
- Pour your butter and marshmallow mixture over the Rice Krispies and stir until completely coated. Mix in marshmallow cream. Once marshmallow cream is completely incorporated, stir in the reserved 3 cups mini marshmallows.
- Line a 9x13 pan with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray or grease generously. Pour all of the mixture into the 9x13 pan. Grease your hands and use them them to spread and evenly distribute the rice krispie mixture throughout the pan and so the treats have a smooth surface. Let cool and set. Then slice and enjoy!
Share it on Instagram and tag us and tag #infinetasterecipes so we can see it!
Originally published August 31, 2018