Chop, dump, and forget about it and in no time at all you’ll have yourself a nice batch of this low carb, skinny chicken enchilada soup! Besides how delicious this soup is, you guys are going to love how easy it is to prepare! 5 minutes of chopping vegetables and dumping things into your crockpot or instant pot and you’re done!
This soup is a regular in my dinner rotation even in the summer time, or should I say especially in the summer time because it means I’m not standing over a hot stove and I don’t have to turn my oven on. I love all things crock pot and instant pot (or what ever electric pressure cooker you have!), especially when they work with my health goals!
HI THERE! LINKS IN THIS POST ARE AMAZON AFFILIATE LINKS TO PRODUCTS WE LOVE.
Make This Recipe Even Easier
This recipe is so simple and I love that I can take chicken straight from my freezer and put it straight into the slow cooker or instant pot. Now, in case this recipe wasn’t easy enough, you can make it even easier, you can try skipping the diced tomatoes and swap it for canned diced tomatoes or even a can of Rotel!
Or if you want to stretch this recipe a little farther you can add in extra chopped vegetables (diced bell pepper would be great in this!) or a drained and rinsed can of black beans and corn. This will add extra protein and nutrients! Just know that this will change the carb and calorie count from what is shown below.
For this recipe you’ll need either an Instant Pot or a Crock Pot! If you don’t have one already they are kitchen essentials!
This soup is low in calories, fats, and carbs while also being super high in protein! I mean c’mon, 156 calories per serving, are you kidding me?!
That leaves plenty of room for lots of cheese and avocado on top! It’s perfect for those of you watching your carbs, following a low carb or keto diet, or even you guys who are just want a quick and easy dinner recipe!
Don’t forget to pin this recipe for later recipe! You can also follow us on Pinterest here!
- 1 pound chicken, uncooked
- ½ large onion, diced
- 1- 4 ounce can diced green chiles
- 2 cups red enchilada sauce
- 3 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 handful cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup fat free plain Greek yogurt
- Shredded cheese
- Sliced avocado or guacamole
- Tortilla chips
- Green onions, thinly sliced
- Freshly squeezed lime juice
- Place all ingredients EXCEPT Greek yogurt in a slow cooker. Place on low for 4-6 hours.
- Once cooked, use 2 forks to shred chicken. Just before serving stir Greek yogurt into the entire batch of soup. Serve and top with shredded cheese and any other toppings desired
Instant Pot Instructions:
- For your instant pot or other electric pressure cooker place all ingredients except the greek yogurt in your pot, close lid and vent open. Set to poultry setting.
- Let pressure release naturally. Use two forks to shred chicken, stir in Greek yogurt before serving. Serve and top with shredded cheese and any other desired toppings.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 156Total Fat: 1gCarbohydrates: 10.8gFiber: 2gSugar: 0gProtein: 23.7g
Nutrition has been calculated without cheese or any toppings.
Tried this recipe and loved it? Comment and Rate it! Also send us a picture, WE WANT TO SEE!
Let’s match! Get my place settings
You May Also Like These Other Delicious and Low Carb Recipes:
originally posted on 01/02/19