If you love key lime pie, you’ll love these key lime pie truffles! These truffles have a smooth white chocolate key lime truffle center rolled in graham cracker crumbs! Key lime is one of my favorite dessert flavors—key lime pie, key lime cheesecake, key lime cookies, I’ve been working on making a key lime pie ice cream too! So stay tuned!
Ever since I was a little kid whenever I see key lime pie or something key lime pie flavored I automatically think of my dad. Now, does my father really like key lime pie? Yes, absolutely. Does he like it more than any other kind of pie? Maybe. Maybe not. But this link between my father and key lime pie in my mind has persisted to the point that I buy him key lime pie flavored things regularly as gifts—cookies, candy, cheesecake, curd, I even made him a coconut key lime pie cake last year for his birthday. He hasn’t had a chance to try these truffles yet, but I’ll make sure he gets one sometime soon!
Are Key Lime Pie Truffles Hard to Make?
Truffles are actually super easy! Its like making a ganache, but this one uses a few extra ingredients to give it that perfect key lime pie flavor! Your basic white chocolate truffle consists of white chocolate and heavy cream. Once you’ve melted the white chocolate and cream together you add in the key lime flavor. With this one we add a the zest and juice of key limes and a little bit of pure lime extract to pack a punch and really give us that shining key lime flavor. Then the truffles are rolled in graham cracker crumbs (that’s supposed to be like the crust, in case you didn’t know).
I like to use this 1 tablespoon scoop to make perfect sized truffles!
HI THERE! LINKS IN THIS POST ARE AMAZON AFFILIATE LINKS TO PRODUCTS WE LOVE.
You can get a miniature cake stand like mine here!
Don’t get the pith!
If you’ve never worked with key limes before, here’s what you need to know:
Key limes are much smaller and sweeter that regular limes and they have very thin skins. So when you’re zesting your key limes you need to be extra careful that you don’t get the pith—that bitter white skin underneath the green outer skin—in your zest. The pith will give your truffles a slightly bitter and off taste, so take your time and do the thing right!
This is my favorite tool for zesting key limes!
Don’t forget to pin this recipe for later! You can also follow us on Pinterest here!
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 ¾ cups white chocolate, chopped finely
- 4 tablespoons key lime juice (about 4 key limes juiced)
- 1 tablespoon key lime zest (about 4 key limes zested)
- ¼ teaspoon pure lime extract
- 2 pinches of salt, divided
- 4 full sheets of graham cracker, finely crushed (will give you about ¾ cup of crumbs)
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- In a microwave safe bowl heat cream, key lime juice, and zest for 1-2 minutes until hot. Add in finely chopped white chocolate (the finer its chopped the easier it will melt) so that the cream covers the white chocolate. Let sit for 3-5 minutes, and then stir. Keep stirring until the white chocolate is completely melted. If needed, microwave in 10-15 second increments, stirring in between, until smooth. Stir in lime extract and a pinch of salt. Refrigerate until solid.
- Place graham cracker sheets in the blender or food process until you have fine crumbs. Place in a bowl. Stir in a pinch of salt and sugar.
- When truffle mixture is solid, scoop 1 tablespoon full of mixture and roll between hands until a ball is formed. Roll in graham cracker crumbs. If the graham cracker crumbs aren’t sticking, let the truffle mixture it on the counter until it softens up more. The crumbs will stick better when the truffle mixture is a little softer.
-When zesting your key limes make sure you don’t get any of the white part of the rind (called the pith), this will make your truffles bitter
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 96Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 25mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 0gSugar: 9gProtein: 1g
Tried this recipe and loved it? Comment and Rate it! Also send us a picture, WE WANT TO SEE!
Share it on Instagram and tag us and tag #infinetasterecipes so we can see it!
Try these Other EASY candy recipes!
Check out these other Key Lime recipes from my Foodie Friends!
Originally posted September 20, 2018