OK, we love this frosting! Chocolate fudge frosting is the very best chocolate frosting you'll ever meet. It is rich, thick and full of flavor. We slightly cook this frosting, spread it while barely warm and as it cools, the frosting becomes like fudge!
Chocolate dessert ideas?
Chocolate fudge frosting accompanies our "Perfect Chocolate Cake". But we also use it for so many other recipes! It's great atop brownies, like our Chocolate Fudge Mint Brownies. And we use it on our Ho Ho Cake too. Actually, we use it whenever we can!
How to make our chocolate ganache
The recipe below gives directions for making homemade chocolate fudge frosting in a saucepan or double boiler. But we have a secret way to make it! If you have a food processor, this is the fastest frosting ever!
Secret frosting tips
Simply put your chocolate chips in the food processor with the chopping blade. Chop until chocolate is a fine powder. Melt your butter in a glass measuring cup, or other bowl/cup with a spout. Make sure the butter is all melted and SIZZLING hot!
This is where the magic comes in. Turn on your food processor with all that fine chocolate powder, and quickly pour all the hot butter through the feed tube. Let it run about a minute. And Voila! You'll have a thick smooth blend of chocolate. Now just add in the powdered sugar a little at a time. When it starts to get stiff, add the cream.
You need to work quickly, as the frosting will set up fairly fast, so start icing that cake! You want to frost while it's still slightly warm and easy to move around. As it cool, the frosting will get harder and fudge-like.
You can't beat this frosting in terms of time, texture and taste. It really is the best chocolate frosting recipe. Mmmmmmm!
Don't forget to pin this recipe for later! You can also follow us on Pinterest here!
Tried this recipe and loved it? Comment and Rate it! Also send us a picture, WE WANT TO SEE!
Chocolate Fudge Frosting
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cup light cream can use half & half, cream, or milk
- 1 cup butter 2 squares
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- Combine chocolate chips, cream and butter in a medium saucepan or double boiler, and stir over medium-low heat until smooth. Remove from heat.
- Blend in 4 cups powdered sugar with whisk or electric mixer. (To speed up the process, you can set your bowl over ice as you whisk or beat it.) Beat until it holds its shape.
To make the frosting in our super fast "secret" (food processor) way:
- Put your chocolate chips in the food processor with the chopping blade. Chop until chocolate is a fine powder.
- Melt your butter in a glass measuring cup, or other bowl/cup with a spout. Make sure the butter is all melted and SIZZLING hot! Turn on food processor with chocolate powder; quickly pour all the HOT butter through the feed tube. Let it run about a minute until chocolate is smooth.
- Add powdered sugar a little at a time. When it starts to get stiff, add the cream.
- You need to work quickly, as frosting will set up fairly fast, so start icing the cake asap.
Share it on Instagram and tag us and tag #infinetasterecipes so we can see it!
You might also enjoy these recipes: