This is the BEST broccoli salad ever! I love that it never gets soggy, you can make it in advance and the salad doesn’t wilt like most green salads. And the salad gets better as it marinates in the dressing and other flavors! This salad is full of broccoli crowns, broccoli slaw, chopped sweet apple, dried cranberries, sunflower seeds, green onions, crispy bacon, cheddar cheese, and a lightened up creamy dressing.
This salad is full of broccoli crowns, broccoli slaw, chopped sweet apple, dried cranberries, sunflower seeds, green onions, crispy bacon, cheddar cheese, and a lightened up creamy dressing.
I love salads year-round, but I especially love them during the summer. This salad is my go-to salad for barbecues and potlucks. One thing I really love about this salad is that you can make it in advance! No wilted lettuce and it really does get better as it sits. In fact, I love to let it sit in the fridge for at least an hour before serving it. The different textures in this salad, the crispy, soft, chewy, ugh it’s all so good!
How We Lighten This Dressing Up!
Most classic broccoli salad recipes call for tons of mayonnaise and sugar. I’ve lightened up this dressing with part plain Greek yogurt and honey, but I promise you won’t miss the extra mayonnaise and sugar.
Don’t forget to pin this recipe for later! You can also follow us on Pinterest here!
- 12 cups broccoli crowns, chopped
- 3 cups broccoli slaw
- 1 medium apple (about 1 cup), diced
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup shelled sunflower seeds
- ½ cup green onions, thinly sliced
- 8 slices of bacon, cooked until crispy and crumbled
- 1 ¼ cup cheddar, cut into small cubes
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt (I like Fage 0% fat)
- ½ cup mayonnaise (I used light)
- 5 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 7 tablespoons honey
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- In a very large bowl toss together all of the salad ingredients. Set aside.
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together all of the salad dressing ingredients until smooth. Pour over top of the salad and toss until salad is completely coated in dressing.
This makes enough to serve a crowd! Feel free to half the recipe.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 154 Total Fat: 6g Carbohydrates: 16g Fiber: 3g Protein: 8g
Tried this recipe and loved it? Comment and Rate it! Also send us a picture, WE WANT TO SEE!
You may also like:
Originally posted August 11, 2018