Jalapeño poppers? Yes, please! We love any version of this savory treat. In our Mummy Jalapeño Poppers, cream cheese and cheddar cheese are pepped up with extra spice then scooped into jalapeño halves to create these Halloween mummy treats. Why not add this recipe to your Halloween party line up? Or serve them as a menu item for family dinner during the season!
Simply cut your jalapeños in half. Scoop out the membranes and seeds. You can leave the seeds if you want to heat things up a bit as the seeds are spicy.
The filling is a blend of cream cheese, cheddar cheese, Worcestershire sauce, Cajun seasoning, and garlic. Just scoop the filling into your jalapeno halves. Once filled, you wind quarter inch pieces of crescent dough (or your favorite pastry dough) around the peppers to mummify them. A couple of candy eyes, then bake, and you’ve got a delicious Halloween appetizer, aka Mummy Jalapeño Poppers!
The rest of the year you can still enjoy this holiday treat by simply encasing the stuffed jalapenos in pastry crust. You can leave out the bandages and peering eyes! They are a great appetizer all year round!
Don’t forget to pin this recipe for later! You can also follow us on Pinterest here!
Tried this recipe and loved it? Comment and Rate it! Also send us a picture, WE WANT TO SEE!
- 12 medium-sized jalapeno peppers
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Tony Chacere's Creole seasoning (or 1/4 teaspoon salt + 1/4 teaspoon pepper)
- 2 (8 ounce) cans crescent roll dough
- 48 candy eyes
- 1 egg
- In a medium size bowl, mix together 2 cheese.
- Add Worcestershire sauce a nd seasonings; mix well and set aside.
- Cut jalapeno's down center and remove seeds and membranes.
- Fill each jalapeno half with 1 tablespoon cheese mixture.
- Open crescent rolls and separate into 4 rectangles (created by sets of triangles.)
- Cut dough rectangles into thin strips about 1/4 - 1/2 inch wide.
- Use dough strips to wrap around jalapenos to create mummies.
- Leave a small space to insert candy eyes.
- Beat egg and brush lightly over dough.
- Place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 12 minutes or until golden.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 113Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 96mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 0gSugar: 8gProtein: 1g
Share it on Instagram and tag us and tag #infinetasterecipes so we can see it!
You may also liked these tasty fall party recipes:
Originally published October 26, 2018.