Sheet pan dinners are an idea straight from heaven! This recipe is no exception. Our sheet pan chicken fajitas are so delicious you won't believe it. Flavors are as bright as the colors -- a little spicy, tangy, sweet, savory; you get it! Sheet pan chicken fajitas are EASY and so good.
SHEET PAN MEAL PREP
Prep the peppers & onions
This healthy sheet pan dinner recipe calls for green peppers, but you can add red, orange and yellow peppers to the line up. Aren't they pretty? To start, pre-heat the broiler to high. Then peel your onion, cut in half and slice into thin strips (half circles).
Next, trim and core the peppers; slice in thin strips. You need approximately 2 large pepper, and as we mentioned, you can mix the colors if you like.
How to make the marinade -- the star of the show!
The marinade is what makes this recipe. It's packed with great flavors like fresh lime, red wine vinegar, garlic, brown sugar, chili powder, cumin, ginger, and of course salt and pepper. As a result, you get a lively dish from this all-star cast of ingredients.
Combine all the marinade ingredients in medium bowl. Stir to combine the ingredients and set aside.
Time for the chicken
Cut chicken into long, thin strips. We think it's easiest to cut chicken when it's partially frozen. A heavy, sharp knife works best.
Prepare sheet pan by covering with foil for easy clean up. Lightly spray the foil with a cooking oil spray. Dip all the sliced onions in your marinade, then shake excess liquid back in the bowl, and spread the onions over your baking sheet.
Once you’ve removed the onions, place chicken pieces into the marinade.
Broil onions and peppers
After onions are dipped in the marinade and spread on the baking sheet, spread sliced peppers over the onions. Broil the onions and peppers on high for 10 minutes until the veggies just begin to char. Then remove the baking pan from your oven. Oven roasted vegetables have such great flavor!
Next, place marinated chicken pieces over onions and peppers on the baking sheet. Pour any excess marinade over chicken and vegetables. Sprinkle additional salt and pepper over meat to taste.
How much should I cook the chicken?
Broil chicken and vegetables on high for 10 more minutes or until chicken is cooked through (check to make sure interior temp is at least 165 degrees). Remove from oven and serve this yummy keto sheet pan meal!
You can add any additional condiments you like. We suggest salsa, sour cream, limes, cheese, guacamole and cilantro. We like flour tortillas best with our chicken fajitas. Warm the tortillas up before serving. Then let everyone fill their tortillas with this flavorful combo. Serve the fajitas with lime wedges -- encourage guests to squeeze lime over the fajita mixture before eating.
Sheet pan chicken fajitas are such a favorite at our house. This healthy dinner idea is perfect for Cinco de Mayo, or 6th of June, or 10th of October, or any other day of the year!
Try some of our other favorite Mexican recipes:
Don't forget to pin this recipe for later! You can also follow us on Pinterest here!
Tried this recipe and loved it? Comment and Rate it! Also send us a picture, WE WANT TO SEE!
Sheet Pan Fajitas
- 1½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 large onion sliced
- 1 large green pepper cut in thin strips
- 1 large red pepper cut in thin strips (or mix different colored peppers to equal 2 large peppers)
- 12 fajita-sized flour tortillas warmed
- 1 fresh lime cut in wedges for serving
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice about 1½ limes
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- additional salt and pepper to taste
- Sour cream
- Shredded cheddar or jack cheese
Combine all marinade ingredients in medium bowl and set aside.
- Pre-heat the broiler to high. Peel onion, cut in half and slice into thin strips (half circles).
- Trim and core peppers; slice in thin strips (you need approximately 2 large peppers, you can use just green peppers, or mix up the colors as you like).
- Cut chicken into long, thin strips; set aside.Prepare sheet pan by covering with foil for easy clean up.
- Dip all sliced onions in marinade; shake excess liquid back in bowl, then spread onions over foil lined baking sheet. Once you’ve removed onions, place chicken pieces in marinade.
- Spread sliced peppers over onions on baking sheet. Broil onions and peppers on high for 10 minutes until veggies just begin to char. Remove pan from oven.
- Place chicken pieces over onions and peppers on baking sheet. Pour any excess marinade over chicken and vegetables. Sprinkle additional salt and pepper over meat to taste.
- Broil chicken and vegetables on high for 10 more minutes until chicken is cooked through.Serve while warm with warmed flour tortillas and lime wedges. (Encourage guests to squeeze lime over the fajita mixture before eating.)You may wish to add additional toppings: salsa, sour cream, guacamole, grated cheese.
Share it on Instagram and tag us and tag #infinetasterecipes so we can see it!