This post may contain affiliate links. We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. Please know, we only share products we love!
Add traditional Greek flavors to your menu by using our Greek seasoning blend. Use this Greek herb and spice blend on meat, seafood, vegetables, kabobs and salads. It's a great go-to blend for any recipe that calls for Greek seasoning.
Which herbs and spices are used in Greek cooking?
Greek cooking uses such a variety of herbs and spices! Our 13-spice blend contains some of the most popular.
Salt is optional
If you’d like to control your salt, you can omit the salt from the blend. We like to include it so we have everything we want in one place.
How to treat fresh ingredients
For fresh mint and/or lemon zest, you can store the blend in a ziploc bag in the freezer. If it's dried, store blend in an airtight container at room temperature.
Which has more taste, dried leaves or ground dried herbs?
Dried leaves are a good choice over ground dried herbs. More taste and aroma are retained in leaves. Rub leaves between your fingers or grind them with mortar and pestle.
Note: 1 teaspoon dried herbs = 1 tablespoon fresh herbs
How many herbs and spices can you name?
Now look back up to the title picture. How many herbs and spices in our Greek blend can you name? Cover up this list and try yourself! Starting from the top and moving down, our list of 13 is:
Greek Seasoning Blend
- cinnamon, nutmeg
- fresh mint
- lemon & pepper seasoning
- file sea salt
- onion powder
- dried parsley
- dried oregano leaves
- garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons fine sea salt
- 2 teaspoons lemon & pepper seasoning (or 1 teaspoon lemon zest + 1 teaspoon black pepper)
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried mint (or 1 tablespoon fresh mint, minced)
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- Grate 1 teaspoon lemon zest and mince 1 tablespoon mint (if using fresh ingredients.)
- Mix all ingredients together and store in an airtight container at room temperature.
- If fresh ingredients are used, store in the freezer.